Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by Dannie Boy »

No mention of Petchaburi or Prachuab Kirikhan getting any rain - and we definitely need a good downpour - Nereus’s prediction of my grass turning yellow is 80% there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It will be all around you though if the forecasts are even close to accurate. I would bet you'll get something.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

PeteC wrote:It will be all around you though if the forecasts are even close to accurate. I would bet you'll get something.

PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:57 pm No mention of Petchaburi or Prachuab Kirikhan getting any rain - and we definitely need a good downpour - Nereus’s prediction of my grass turning yellow is 80% there!!

Do you not water? We have a sprinkler and it is green as green in Hin lek fai
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

PET wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:57 pm No mention of Petchaburi or Prachuab Kirikhan getting any rain - and we definitely need a good downpour - Nereus’s prediction of my grass turning yellow is 80% there!!

Do you not water? We have a sprinkler and it is green as green in Hin lek fai
No we don’t - our land is 1.1/2 rai and the grass is about half of that so we don’t water other than certain plants/flowers

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Here you go Dannie, you're now included in the warning update. :D

https://www.tmd.go.th/en/list_warning.php
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

PeteC wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:29 am
Here you go Dannie, you're now included in the warning update. :D

https://www.tmd.go.th/en/list_warning.php
Thanks Pete, I now feel a lot better.................but I wait to be convinced!! :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Mind you, it’s a lot cooler this morning
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Deluge ahead

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... om-aug-2-4

Heavy rain is likely to prevail in all regions from Aug 2-4, according to the Thai Meteorological Department's 11am weather forecast on Sunday.

The department said at 10am on Sunday, tropical storm "Sinlaku" made landfall over Vietnam. It was centred at Thanh Hoa, Vietnam, with maximum sustained winds of about 65 kilometres per hour. The storm was moving in the west-northwest direction at 15km/hr and was expected to be downgraded to a tropical depression over Laos before becoming a low pressure cell.

The storm, in conjunction with a strong monsoon trough lying across the North and the upper Northeast and the southwest monsoon over the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand, is likely to cause heavy to very heavy rain in many areas of the North, Northeast, Central, East and South regions.

Provinces likely to be affected on Aug 2-3 are as follows:

North: Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Lampang, Phayao, Phrae, Nan, Uttaradit, Sukhothai, Phitsanulok, Phichit, Kamphaeng Phet, Phetchabun and Tak.

Northeast: Loei, Nong Bua Lamphu, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Mukdahan, Khon Kaen, Kalasin, Maha Sarakam, Roi Et, Yasothon, Amnat Charoen, Ubon Ratchathani, Si Sa Ket, Surin, Buri Ram, Nakhon Ratchasima and Chaiyaphum.

Central: Nakhon Sawan, Uthai Thani, Chai Nat, Suphan Buri, Sing Buri, Ang Thong, Ayutthaya, Lop Buri, Saraburi, Kanchanaburi, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon, Nakhon Pathom, Ratchaburi, Bangkok and its vicinity.

East: Chachoengsao, Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

South: Ranong, Phangnga, Phuket, Krabi, Phetchaburi, Prachua Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammarat.

Provinces likely to be affected on Aug 4:

North: Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Lampang Phayao, Phrae, Nan, Uttaradit, Phitsanulok, Sukhothai Phichit, Kamphaeng Phet, Tak and Phetchabun.

Northeast: Loei, Nong Bua Lam Phu, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Chaiyaphum, Khon Kaen, Nakhon Ratchasima and Buri Ram.

Central: Nakhon Sawan, Uthai Thani, Chai Nat, Kanchanaburi and Ratchaburi.

East: Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

South: Ranong, Phangnga, Phuket, Phetchaburi, Prachua Khiri Khan, Chumphon and Surat Thani.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Heavy intermittent rain late last night here in Hin Lek Fai, and a steady downpour since noon.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Fortunately, were getting a much needed steady rainfall here in Hua Hin, but it's quite pleasant, more like British rain, and at last the temperatures are dropping accordingly. I've just come from my car port where its a comfortable 29C today. I checked several times last week, and it was a hot 38C.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Thailand now has tornados too it seems, enough to uproot 3,000 rubber trees. :shock: Photo and story at link:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... ges-houses
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:cry:
BP.png
(53.6 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

No clue. I was just looking at it 10 minutes ago. I'll repost if it shows up again later on.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

OK now.