Coronavirus Precautions/News/Updates for Hua Hin/Prachuap

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Coronavirus Precautions - Hua Hin/Thailand

Post by thecolonel »

How does it work if you're a foreigner, get covid 19 and you're admitted to HHH

Are they a private hospital as well as a Government one, just cheaper than BKK HH and San Paulo?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHTel wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:14 pm Just heard that the governor of Prachuab has stipulated that if you are found outside without a mask you will be fined 20,000 baht. Announced this morning but I can't find anything official.

Anyone have a source?
91650627_1639340346213798_3787337569323188224_n.jpg
91650627_1639340346213798_3787337569323188224_n.jpg (90.57 KiB) Viewed 359 times
91686246_1639340459547120_727738528489799680_n.jpg
91686246_1639340459547120_727738528489799680_n.jpg (90.59 KiB) Viewed 359 times
Also mentions detention if suspected of being infected and closure of hotels (if guests resident, hotel closes when the last guest checks out).

NB: My translator - it may be wrong, please correct me if you have a better translation,
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

HHTel wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:45 pm Of course I'll go along with the new rule. Once again a massive underlining of 'Masks will protect you'!
It would be encouraging if these announcements showed that the authorities understood the use of masks, which they obviously don't.

Even the medical experts are promoting the use of masks as a prevention from infecting others from someone who doesn't know they are carrying the virus.
In Thailand, you can be miles away in the countryside, riding a bike, or driving your car, and you can be fined.
Where is the emphasis on hand washing and social distancing? That is far more important.

Singapore, even though the population is only around 6 mill, have heavily populated areas, but they 'cracked the case' by hygene and social distancing. They discouraged the use of masks.

Italy and Spain have managed to flatten the curve without the extensive use of masks.
images (2).jpg
images (2).jpg (9.07 KiB) Viewed 352 times
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

thecolonel wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:51 pm How does it work if you're a foreigner, get covid 19 and you're admitted to HHH

Are they a private hospital as well as a Government one, just cheaper than BKK HH and San Paulo?
Yes, considerably cheaper, and in most cases better equipped. I think much more than a bad cold or a broken bone, the others send you elsewhere.

I've used all 3 in Hua Hin (including operations), and there's only one proper hospital in my opinion.

Points 51; Position 21
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:59 am I've just come across a better translation (Credit: The Precious Hua Hin), which states:

3.2 No kitesurfing, Jetski, Banana Boat, other water sports and group activities on beach.
As it is banned in Hua Hin most of them moved to Springfield Beach which was empty yesterday and packed today
????? So much for respecting distancing and the no crowd gathering!!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

????? So much for respecting distancing and the no crowd gathering!!
Exactly. But they'll be perfectly safe if they put on a mask!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Even the medical experts are promoting the use of masks as a prevention from infecting others from someone who doesn't know they are carrying the virus.
In Thailand, you can be miles away in the countryside, riding a bike, or driving your car, and you can be fined.
When I was in Thailand a couple of weeks ago I bought a few of the non-medical cotton masks that are available out there, I got them from a small pharmacy in Mon Mai. I've used them for cycling and they hardly restrict your breathing at all, so they would be good for saving you from a 20,000bt fine!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Agreed. I was making the point that the emphasis here is placed on masks without any knowledge of their use. Climb a tree in the jungle alone: Wear a mask.

Thanks for that though. I'll have a look for them.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I came across this a couple of days ago. I'm no expert, but Varsoy Healthcare seems a reputable organisation. So whilst a cloth mask may save your wallet some pain, it might not save you. Mrs BB has breathing problems, and can't handle anything apart from cloth masks - I haven't shown her this list, although I'm keeping her pretty well isolated at the moment.
92118219_10213021565293195_5608939061910700032_n.jpg
92118219_10213021565293195_5608939061910700032_n.jpg (55.23 KiB) Viewed 226 times

Points 51; Position 21
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:51 pm How does it work if you're a foreigner, get covid 19 and you're admitted to HHH

Yes, considerably cheaper, and in most cases better equipped. I think much more than a bad cold or a broken bone, the others send you elsewhere.

I've used all 3 in Hua Hin (including operations), and there's only one proper hospital in my opinion.
Good to hear BB!

So bottom line is if you get the dreaded lurghy you'll happily let HHH take care of you.

Any ideas on basic cost per night(excl specific treatments of course) of being an inpatient there? Are you familiar with any previous threads on this subject?

That's if one even needs to be hospitalised, for this. I'm feeling that not 'every' case of CV19 will require in patient treatment, some may be sent home to isolate and take meds??

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Whilst on the subject of masks, I took my car to the ferry pier and back earlier (didn't get out of car). As masks was high in my thought process, I did a Mk1 eyeball survey while I was driving. My findings were:

- Thais wearing masks - >90%
- Farangs wearing masks - around 50%

Points 51; Position 21
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:Whilst on the subject of masks, I took my car to the ferry pier and back earlier (didn't get out of car). As masks was high in my thought process, I did a Mk1 eyeball survey while I was driving. My findings were:
  • Thais wearing masks - >90%
  • Farangs wearing masks - around 50%
....... Don't leave us in suspenders BB?!

GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

HHTel wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:18 am Like I've changed my mind on the virus, a long time ago, I'm having a different outlook on masks. I still go along with the fact that masks cannot protect yourself, but because there are asymptomatic people in our midst, it's no big deal to wear a mask when around others. To protect them, not to protect yourself.
It still needs to be understood that the main protection is hygiene and social distancing. As one of the experts said that one of the problems of mask wearing is that it gives the wearer a false feeling of security.
That's exactly what's happening here. Wear a mask and you're okay!
My attitude toward mask wearing is pretty much encapsulated in the following extract from a piece published in The Lancet recently:
Evidence that face masks can provide effective protection against respiratory infections in the community is scarce, as acknowledged in recommendations from the UK and Germany. However, face masks are widely used by medical workers as part of droplet precautions when caring for patients with respiratory infections. It would be reasonable to suggest vulnerable individuals avoid crowded areas and use surgical face masks rationally when exposed to high-risk areas. As evidence suggests COVID-19 could be transmitted before symptom onset, community transmission might be reduced if everyone, including people who have been infected but are asymptomatic and contagious, wear face masks.
I see that the CDC has now reversed its previous position and is advising people to start wearing cloth face covers.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

thecolonel wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:13 pm
Big Boy wrote:Whilst on the subject of masks, I took my car to the ferry pier and back earlier (didn't get out of car). As masks was high in my thought process, I did a Mk1 eyeball survey while I was driving. My findings were:
  • Thais wearing masks - >90%
  • Farangs wearing masks - around 50%
....... Don't leave us in suspenders BB?!

That was it, sorry.

However, I find it crazy that instruction after instruction is being circulated as .jpg files - I guess to avoid any manipulation. How is your average Farang expected to know the law has changed?

Points 51; Position 21
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

They will soon find out when the BIB start issuing "special price" on the spot fines as an alternative to spending a few nights in a probably overcrowded holding cell :banghead:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.