Booster Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which booster vaccine have you received?

AstraZeneca
20%
Johnson & Johnson
No votes
Moderna
22%
Pfizer
44%
Sinopharm
4%
Sinovac
No votes
Other (Explain)
2%
4%

Total votes: 45

joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: Booster Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by joelle »

HHTel wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:07 am My granddaughter who has only recently started at Salesian has informed us that she needs to get a covid shot. Absolutely agree. However, the school will make the appointment, we will need to take her there and the school requires 500 baht up front.
I'm assuming the shots are free. Is this another money grab by Salesian. It wouldn't be the first time.
Can't you take her to the walk in vaccination at Red Cross where it's free and show the vaccine document to the school ?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Do you know the schedule for the Red Cross. I read above that HH Hospital does 5 - 11 yr old on Thursday mornings. The Red Cross would be 'handier'.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

HHTel wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:58 am That's exactly what I'm thinking. Do you know the schedule for the Red Cross. I read above that HH Hospital does 5 - 11 yr old on Thursday mornings. The Red Cross would be 'handier'.
 I think, but not sure, that it's every morning 8am-12pm
 Better phone them Huahin​ Red​ Cross​ tel 032-511024
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Salesian was the place where all the kids were done in the early days. There was no charge back then.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

HHTel wrote:That's exactly what I'm thinking. Do you know the schedule for the Red Cross. I read above that HH Hospital does 5 - 11 yr old on Thursday mornings. The Red Cross would be 'handier'.
5 - 11 year olds get a different Pfizer formulation to the one used for ages 12 upwards. This is what HHH offers on Thursdays.

If considering going to the Red Cross it would be advisable to call before going in order to ascertain what they have available on any given day.

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

After spending time checking with Red Cross (they only have sinopharm) San Paulo (don't do first shots) I get home to find that although I was being told Covid, they actually meant 'flu!!!!!!! grrrr. (ไข้หวัดใหญ่)

My grandkids and myself have just recovered from 'flu (not covid - we were tested!) and the word is that this year's 'flu shot is next to useless. However she may as well have it if no other reason than to keep the 'others' happy.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Covid​ Vaccinations from​ Huahin​ ​hospital​ and​ Red​ Cross​ (Free)​
🏵️1.​Red​ Cross​ Schedule​ for​ 4-8 JULY (8-12p.m.) Vaccine​ available​  :
          For​ age​ over​12​ years​
            -​ Moderna​ for​ Dose1,2,3,4,5*
            -​ Pfizer  for​ Dose1, 2,3,4, 5*
            -​ AZ​  for​ Dose​ 1,2,3,4
            -​ Sinopharm​ for​ Dose 1,2
And​  Age​ 6-11yrs  for​ Sinopharm​ Dose 1, 2
** Dose​ 4​ and Dose 5 minimum​ 4months​ apart*
 For​ more​ inquiry​ please​ contact​ Huahin​ red​ cross​ tel 032-511024

🏵️2.HUAHIN​ Hospital​ Schedule​ for​ JULY​(9-12p.m) every​ Tues​ and​ Thurs​ on​ 10th​ floor​, parking​ building​
     🌺Every​ Tuesday​: Walk​ in​ for​ age​ over​ 12​yr               
        -​ AZ​ :  Dose​ 1, 2,3,4
        -​ Pfizer​: Dose 1  for​ Age12-17yrs
        -​ Pfizer​: Dose 2, 3,4,5
        -​ Covovax​: Dose​1,2
     🌺Every​ Thursday​:  Walk​ in​ for​ age 5-11yrs
       -​Pfizer​ : Dose 1, 2
 More​ info​ please​ contact​ huahin​ hospital​ directly​
##Please bring​ passport​ and​ Morh​ prom​ vaccine​ injection​ history​. or​ vaccine​ certificate​ from​ your​ country​ also.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1656823174653.jpg
FB_IMG_1656823174653.jpg (50.02 KiB) Viewed 967 times
FB_IMG_1656823168108.jpg
FB_IMG_1656823168108.jpg (48.79 KiB) Viewed 967 times
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Free vaccination service at Bang Sue Grand Station extended until end of September

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/free-vacci ... september/

Thailand’s largest vaccination centre, at Bangkok’s Bang Sue Grand Station, will continue to provide a free COVID-19 inoculation service to the public until the end of September, instead of the end of this month as earlier announced.

Dr. Mingkwan Wichaidit, head of the vaccination centre, said today (Thursday) that the extension of the service has been approved by the Medical Services and Disease Control departments, because there are still people arriving at the centre, especially for booster shots.

She added that the extension of the service is in line with the Ministry of Public Health’s decision to change the status of COVID-19 from “dangerous infectious disease” to “infectious disease under watch” in October.

She explained that the August 31st deadline for the closure of the centre was earlier announced to encourage people, especially those who are over 60 and who have underlying diseases and pregnant women, to get inoculated.

Dr. Mingkwan disclosed that about 50% of the Thai population have received their third booster doses, but the rate is still below the target of between 60% and 70%.

The vaccination centre has, so far, administered 6.3 million doses of vaccines to the public.

She urged people who received their most recent booster dose more than four months ago to get an additional dose, noting that immunity generated may reduce, while the new generation of vaccines will not be available in Thailand until early next year.

She hinted, however, that the vaccination centre may continue to operate after the end of September if there is a sudden change in the COVID-19 situation. “The centre must be ready to reopen at 24 hours’ notice, if there is a new round of pandemic,” she said.

Those who wish to be inoculated can make appointments in advance via their mobile phone network or simply walk in to the centre.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Is Thailand’s booster program losing race against fast-mutating COVID?

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/is-thailan ... ing-covid/

Thanks to constant mutations, the COVID-19 virus is still several steps ahead of vaccine developers. While researchers have managed to develop vaccines that are effective against the original strain of the new coronavirus and major variants like Delta, global mass vaccination efforts have failed to halt the raging pandemic.

This is because the virus continues to evolve, spawning new mutations that evade the defences of currently available vaccines.

As a result, the global infection rate remains at nearly one million confirmed COVID-19 cases per day, with thousands of deaths. Since the pandemic began, COVID-19 has claimed some 6.45 million lives across the world.

Hope for a new vaccine?

Earlier this week, the United Kingdom became the first country to approve a next-generation booster, Moderna’s mRNA-1273.214, for general use. The UK expects to start distributing this new vaccine before the end of the year.

This bivalent mRNA jab was developed to trigger an immune response against both the original 2020 virus and mutants like Alpha, Beta, Delta and Gamma, as well as the Omicron subvariant BA.1, which was first detected late last year.

Though this vaccine provides protection against most strains of COVID-19 and Omicron BA.1, it does not specifically target the more contagious BA.4/5 subvariants that are now dominant in Thailand and across the world.

Hence, this next-generation vaccine has not been approved by the United States, which wants a modified booster that contains the genetic code for the Omicron BA.4/5 spike protein to provide extra protection.

The US demand shows that vaccine developers are struggling to keep up with pace of COVID-19 mutations.

“Adding the BA.4/5 spike protein to the vaccine may take another six months. What if new subvariants emerge during that period?” asked Dr Nakorn Premsri, who leads Thailand’s National Vaccine Institute (NVI).

Nakorn points out that Omicron may not be the last variant of COVID-19 that spreads across the world.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I took Mrs BB for her 5th jab today, and had mine done at the same time :shock: HHH are still as efficient as they've always been, but we hit 2 snags (list follows for Tapatalk users):
  • Periodicity for Jab 5 has moved from 4 to 6 months. Initially they refused, but Mrs BB was very persuasive. :cuss: :guns:
  • They informed me that my Vaccine Passport was invalid, and as good as accused me of updating it myself. I pointed out the official hospital stamps, which shut them up a bit. However, they said when I take it in for my next update, I will need to request a new Passport. It seems because the hospital update was handwritten, it will no longer be accepted.

Points 51; Position 21
V4281051
Amateur
Amateur

Booster..l

Post by V4281051 »

Where can I get a Covid booster in October please ? Anywhere free or do I have to go to a hospital?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

You will have a choice of Hua Hin Hospital - Tuesday mornings, or Red Cross - Wednesday (I think).

Simply walk-in. No charge.

Points 51; Position 21
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:You will have a choice of Hua Hin Hospital - Tuesday mornings, or Red Cross - Wednesday (I think).

Simply walk-in. No charge.
The last post about vaccination times on the Red Cross FB site, early August, shows Wednesdays. Maybe better to phone: 032 511024, before going.

Personally I would prefer HHH because it's unlikely they'll run out of doses as RC has been known to do.
V4281051
Amateur
Amateur

Post by V4281051 »

Thank you..
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Latest update says Mon - Fri at Red Cross:
✅⭕Update​ :Red​ cross​ Schedule​ Injection​: Mon-Fri​ ​8a.m.-3.30p.m.
(except​ public ​holidays)​
✅For age​ over​12​ years​
-​Pfizer​ for​ Dose1,2,3,4,5* ​
**Dose​ 4​ and Dose5 minimum​4months​ apart*
For​ more​ inquiry​ please​ contact​ Huahin​ red​ cross​ tel 032-511024🙏
##Please bring​ passport​ and​ Morh​ prom​ vaccine​ injection​ history​. or​ vaccine​ certificate​ from​ your​ country​ also🙏

Points 51; Position 21