Hua Hin Fireworks Festival, Dec 21st

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Re: Hua Hin Fireworks Festival, Dec 21st

Post by Big Boy »

hhfarang wrote:Yes, but at 3:40 p.m. on the day of the event. I saw that after I got home from the show!
But, if I can find it.............................

[Edit] The information is out there - just well hidden.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

too cold and the draw of the concert in the park by the Tessebahn was more pressing.
That was about the only thing I enjoyed about the evening. It was the most pleasant evening weather wise I can ever remember being out in Thailand in the last ten years. I was perfectly comfortable in shorts, sandals, and a golf shirt while most of the Thais were wrapped up like Eskimos. :shock:
You jest, surely Big Boy? :? A Concert not connected with the show? :?
Not really connected as it was in a location far away from the fireworks. It just served to make downtown traffic and parking much worse. When we drove by it on the way to dinner we heard Elvis singing... :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Not really connected as it was in a location far away from the fireworks. It just served to make downtown traffic and parking much worse. When we drove by it on the way to dinner we heard Elvis singing...
Yes, I know it was not connected, exactly my point. The fireworks was supposedly put on as a mark of respect to HM, and these good Buddhist hippocrites have no qualms about ignoring the fact and going their own way. It is just another example of why the country is in such a mess politically. :?
When we drove by it on the way to dinner we heard Elvis singing...
I am sure he would have done a better job at the fireworks. :thumb:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
vistana

Post by vistana »

We enjoyed the display at home on the TV... no queuing or stuck in traffic for ages and nice and warm, and a better view as well. Agreed not a very inspiring display the ones back in the UK are usually much better.

Oh well now we have to put up with a flood of Bangkokians taking over the town till after New Year.So traffic chaos every day!!!
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

vistana wrote:... the ones back in the UK are usually much better!
What isn't?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

centermid7 wrote:
vistana wrote:... the ones back in the UK are usually much better!
What isn't?
The weather according to most of your countrymen... though I would probably enjoy it. :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Four pages and no photos of the fireworks?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

Since no one is sharing pictures from the fireworks show, I can share with you the municipal fireworks in my little city in Northern Norway in 2010 ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/svenerik.ander ... 582&type=3
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Four pages and no photos of the fireworks?
Look again at the link I posted to the Queen's show in Pattaya. There wasn't much to photograph here. :(
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

"Ketsarinseafood & Thai Cuisine" on Facebook has posted a message dated 21/12 with 6 pictures, 3 of them off the fireworks.
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

I hope that all of you HHians enjoyed the fireworks on Dec 21 and that they were as spectacular as
it sounds they will be. One of the best experiences in my life is to watch a good fireworks display.
Stargeezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
gandalfinthai

Post by gandalfinthai »