Premier League 2022-23

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Re: Premier League 2022-23

Post by Lost »

Lost wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:13 am ... but what's more frustrating is Jota shouldn't have been on the pitch to score the winner of course.
I'm going to adjust this statement a little. I hadn't seen the Skipp challenge on Diaz. Ankle breaker. Both teams should have had players sent off. So can't be to upset about the Jota one.

:cheers:

I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

As a manager, the Liverpool v Spurs game must have been a nightmare, but as a neutral, a truly entertaining game - goals a plenty and almost as much controversy, in should there have been one or two red cards? For what it’s worth, I think either both or neither was the fairest outcome, but I’m sure not everyone will agree, especially if you’re a Spurs or Liverpool supporter!!
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

A few surprises in the line-ups for Arse vs Chelsea. Aubameyang starting against his former club. Martinelli benched.

Come on Chelsea, you've surely got ONE good performance in you still. :D
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Okee dokee, plan B. Hope Chelsea get absolutely embarrassed here now. :mrgreen:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Hmmm... Chelseasy? :laugh:
This is the way
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:36 am Hmmm... Chelseasy? :laugh:
:thumb:

They let me down losing to the Arse but it's still fun watching the £600+ million injected damp squib at work. :D
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I hadn’t realised that time wasting was such an issue, but this seems to infer it’s by no means an accident!!

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/fo ... ry-4126056
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:18 pm I hadn’t realised that time wasting was such an issue, but this seems to infer it’s by no means an accident!!
Interesting, and probably not an accident. There's a huge difference in times.

The solution seems obvious to me. Instead of sticking religiously to the 45 mins + a fairly random stoppage time, just stop the clock when the ball goes out of play.
This is the way
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Haaland gets his record breaking goal. Most ever scored in a prem season. With 5 games left to play. Man's a machine.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Come on lads, ffs. Cracking game so far, mind..

howay.jpg
howay.jpg (49.9 KiB) Viewed 137 times
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Great game as per the MOTD highlights - either side could have won but woodwork and great goal-keeping by both keepers just edged it Arsenal’s way, which I think was just about right - correct penalty decision too (thank goodness for VAR?).
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

The prem is so unpredictable. Who saw this Everton result coming? :shock:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lost wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:10 am The prem is so unpredictable. Who saw this Everton result coming? :shock:
The Colonel? Well, he might not of seen it coming, but he will definitely be happy with the result, which gives them a lifeline!!

Elsewhere, Forest managed a win to lift themselves out of the relegation zone and push Southampton closer to the inevitable, whereas 2016 Champions Leicester dropped in, with a tame defeat at Fulham!!
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:
Lost wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:10 am The prem is so unpredictable. Who saw this Everton result coming? :shock:
The Colonel? Well, he might not of seen it coming, but he will definitely be happy with the result, which gives them a lifeline!!

Elsewhere, Forest managed a win to lift themselves out of the relegation zone and push Southampton closer to the inevitable, whereas 2016 Champions Leicester dropped in, with a tame defeat at Fulham!!
Correct, I didnt see that coming at all. Could've been 6 up at HT with better finishing.

Just could've done with Saints beating Forest for extra breathing space but shan't complain.

Still in trouble, must beat Wolves & Cherries. Naturally expecting a wholly different game on Saturday at home to City

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:41 am

Quite strange that in all three games, the team that lost had more shots on goal than the team that won - it’s obviously all about putting them in the back of the net!!