TOP GEAR

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Big Boy

Re: TOP GEAR

Post by Big Boy »

Nereus wrote:
He was posted elsewhere as a result.
Ah, inactive posts in the UK Civil Service! :rasta:

But seriously, Clarkson is not a Civil Servant. If the fracas had taken place in a BBC studio, fair enough.
No, but I bet the rules will be pretty similar.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

arcadianagain wrote:I read in the Daily Mail (so it must be true!) that Stephen Fry is being considered as a replacement for Clarkson. A gay leftie luvvie would suit the BBC very well.
As if they don't already have enough you mean? :duck:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Live shows cancelled and rumours abound in the "tabloids" that Clarkson will be sacked today.....

DJ Chris Evans was also rumoured to be on course to take over, but has ruled himself out.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

More from the Telegraph... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebri ... e-BBC.html : -

"Jeremy Clarkson is to be sacked as Top Gear presenter after a BBC investigation concluded he did attack a producer on the programme.
Lord Hall, the Director General of the BBC, is expected to announce his decision on Wednesday after considering the findings of an internal investigation.
Clarkson, 54, will be thanked for his work on the hugely popular motoring show, but will be told such behaviour cannot be tolerated at the Corporation.
It is understood a report into the so-called ‘fracas’ at a North Yorkshire hotel, concluded that presenter spent 20 minutes verbally abusing producer Oisin Tymon, before launching a 30 second physical assault on him."

What will May and Hamster decide to do........?
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

It's been confirmed: Clarkson fired.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32052736

I called this one wrong (not for the first or last time!) and am very curious to see where the show - and its co-presenters - goes from here.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

J.J.B. wrote:I called this one wrong (not for the first or last time!) and am very curious to see where the show - and its co-presenters - goes from here.
I think May has already given a big clue in his response to the news (not really a sacking in any way I understand):

"The broadcaster said he was "sure Top Gear will continue in some way" but refused to confirm whether he and Richard Hammond would remain on the show.

"I think we are very much, the three of us, a package. It works for very complicated reasons that a lot of people don't fully understand.

"So that will require a lot of careful thought."
Talk is cheap
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well OK, not a "sacking" as such - just not renewing his contract. But considering his (May's and Hamsters) contracts were up at the end of the month, probably the easiest way of handling it. Sad to see, but the Beeb were in a no-win position - Clarkson assaulted a work colleague and had to go... end of.

Says a lot where May has upgraded his Twitter account to read "Former TV Presenter".....

There are (and will be many more) rumours as to what Clarkson and his co-presenters will do from here, but one that I picked up on was, Clarkson at least going to Netflix...... hmmmm, I wonder.

:cheers: :cheers:
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

"As much as I think he's a nob, I quite like working with Jeremy". Quote of the year from Captain Slow on the sacking of Jezza from T.G.

Sad day for T.G. fans - but let's face it, inevitable..................
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

At last - a reaction from The Stig.................

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture ... gear-news/
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Maybe we should start an HHF sweep-stake......

"May to stay"
"May Away"
"Hamster Homeward"
"Hamster on new Horizons"
"Top Gear have No Fear"

etc......

I for one see the Beeb continuing the show with an all new cast (Chris Evans to host after being offered silly wedge)..... The Three Amigos will start anew - and I'm going for the long shot NETFLIX!!

:cheers: :cheers:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Well if this buffoon can do it and become a Lord I guess we all can. Clarkson is a prize over inflated dick-head who thinks he's Gods gift........screw him IMO

RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

richard wrote:Clarkson is a prize over inflated dick-head who thinks he's Gods gift.......
Yep, typical bloody Yorkshireman!
This is the way
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

dtaai-maai wrote:
richard wrote:Clarkson is a prize over inflated dick-head who thinks he's Gods gift.......
Yep, typical bloody Yorkshireman!
Well he's not a Yorkshireman............He comes from Doncaster which technically is part of Scotland. DM you of all people should know that :roll:

Over the ages we have grabbed bits we like and discard (dump) bits that are of no use anymore :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^ I think there used to be a haggis factory in Doncaster so Richard may be right.