The Rugby Thread

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Re: The Rugby Thread

Post by lindosfan1 »

If my comment is anything like my form in the last 3 weeks in IKTS they will finish bottom. :oops:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote:
lindosfan1 wrote:I hate to say this but I think Wales maybe the dark horse this year.
Can I have a pint of whatever you're drinking please? :D
I'll have a pint on it with you BB - I'll just have to wait until later in the year to collect my "winnings" I guess!! :neener: :laugh:
lindosfan1 wrote:If my comment is anything like my form in the last 3 weeks in IKTS they will finish bottom. :oops:
Christ!! You've talked it in now haven't you?? If it all goes tits up, I'll know who to blame!! :roll:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It all starts this weekend guys
Rugby.jpg
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I'll try to dig it up later today but I recall there is a sports channel on True that shows nothing but Rugby. Perhaps this series will be on it? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It'll certainly be on Thai Expat TV :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well, I shall be attempting to watch via the Internet - not great speed here unfortunately, so fingers crossed.

FYI, I believe it is on BBC iPlayer (VPN required), but definitely on a couple of streams via www.wiziwig.tv

:cheers: :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

prcscct wrote:I'll try to dig it up later today but I recall there is a sports channel on True that shows nothing but Rugby. Perhaps this series will be on it? Pete :cheers:
It's TSE1, channel 107 and it looks as if it will be on in its entirety, but not 100% sure. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

RZR is at it again. Come on Pharvey, get those CCTV and listening devices we had installed in his house turned on. :laugh: Pete :cheers:
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

Scotland on course for the Wooden Spoon again, seems a waste as they couldn't even beat eggs on current form.
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dozer wrote:Scotland on course for the Wooden Spoon again, seems a waste as they couldn't even beat eggs on current form.
Well, the way Wales played in the 1st half yesterday, we'll be joining you for the decider! Taking nothing away from Ireland's performance, but Wales were dire again in the 1st half - quite honestly clueless in attack. There will be some shouts for Howley's head, I'm sure - 8 losses from 8 starts, the first time we've lost 5 on the trot at home..... doesn't make good reading!! Despite an exciting comeback from Wales in the 2nd half, being down 30-3 early on in the 2nd was simply too much - to pull back to 30-22 certainly looks better on paper, but Ireland had the game sewn up in the 2nd quarter, BOD back to his best. Congrats to Ireland.

Congrats also to Beelzibub's XV, with what sounds like a convincing victory against the Scots - didn't get to see the game unfortunately but will try and get some highlights from You Tube if and when they are posted.
prcscct wrote:RZR is at it again. Come on Pharvey, get those CCTV and listening devices we had installed in his house turned on. :laugh: Pete :cheers:
Yes, I would congratulate RZR on his early lead, but it's getting far too boring!! :cuss: :banghead:

JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Shit forgot to put my Ireland win on!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

JimmyGreaves wrote:Shit forgot to put my Ireland win on!
Whahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......... Oh sorry, bad luck mate.. :naughty:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well bugger me......

Italy 23 vs France 18!! :shock:

Well played the Azzurri!! Two 6N wins on the trot against Les Bleus at home!! Dark days for Wales - backlash against France and we'll get tw@tted by the Pasta Munchers it looks like!! :oops: :cuss:

This result certainly opens things up in the Championship - could Ireland vs England be the championship decider early on?

Certainly makes next weekend's games all the more interesting....

Arcadian
Ace
Ace

Post by Arcadian »

Good result for Godsown XV, a bit of a dour match but the conditions dictated the style of play. England`s strong bench was a major factor in the last 20 minutes. Still a long way to go before we can regularly challenge the Southern Hemisphere, but going in the right direction.
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

5 Ulster players in the Irish team to play Scotland this wekend. A healthy sign for the Irish team who play as a united IRELAND

Italy v Wales should be good too. see you at El Murphy's