Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Re: New Indian Soi 80 / Railway Road

Post by centermid7 »

I stopped in for lunch today and was warmly greeted as I am a regular customer. I was the only one in at the time. I enjoyed my curry, nan, and a big Leo. When I called for the bin I saw that it was up by 15 Bt but the menu prices were the same. A quick look at the bill showed me they were now showing the small bucket of ice as a line item and there was the 15 Bt. I kindly and quietly asked them 'what's up with that?".

Everyone working was embarrassed and said we will make it 5 Bt. "No problem" I said but why don't you just up the price on a beer to 80 Bt instead of 75 and then do not show the ice at all? They easily make up the cost of the ice and no one is the wiser. I might add that their beer does not even come to the table cold. Indeed, hardly chilled.

I'll call back in a couple of days and I'll be keen to see what they do.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

All the times I've been there the beer has been cold, maybe not as cold as some places, but certainly cold enough to drink without ice and colder than the beer I got a pubs in the UK when I visited there. They've asked if I wanted ice and I declined it as unnecessary.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

hhfarang wrote: and colder than the beer I got a pubs in the UK when I visited there.
Did you ask for some ice...? :laugh: :laugh:
This is the way
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

On our recent trip I noticed quite a few restaurants charging for ice. I don't remember it as so common before. :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We have used this restaurant several times recently. The food is still good, and the beers have been cold. We often order a bucket of ice with soft drinks and water at this and many other restaurants - we've never had a freebie ......... ever, and why should we, the restaurant buys it?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Getting back to more substantial issues like the quality of the food, I was there for lunch yesterday for the first time and am delighted to say that it lived up to the positive reports it has had on here.

Service with a big smile, too, which was nice.
This is the way
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Big Boy wrote:We have used this restaurant several times recently. The food is still good, and the beers have been cold. We often order a bucket of ice with soft drinks and water at this and many other restaurants - we've never had a freebie ......... ever, and why should we, the restaurant buys it?

The Mom & Pop shops will all give you free ice all night long if you're sitting having a few beers or whatever else you drink. Oh, and most times you can order a good meal from the restaurant next door to your chosen shop. :neener: :laugh: :laugh:

You're right though, most restaurants will charge extra if you ask for a bucket of ice. At 15 baht per bucket, they are making about 1,000 baht profit on a big sack of ice, so I guess it makes good business sense.

Back to the food.........only eaten there once so far, and loved it.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I ate Indian food about twice in my life before moving to Hua Hin so didn't know anything about it. Now I've been to 5 Indian restaurants in the Hua Hin/Cha-Am area, some many times, and in my limited experience I would say the food is best at this one. My second and third favorites are the one in Takiab (I like it better for dinner because of the beautiful beach side setting) and Aree in Cha-Am for good Indian and also great Thai food for the missus who sometimes doesn't want Indian.

BTW: The family who owns/runs the Indian restaurant this thread is about are actually from Nepal, not India if that makes a difference in the food... :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
moe
Amateur
Amateur

Post by moe »

Takiap wrote:I don't want to steer this thread off course, but yesterday on my way back home, heading north from Takiap I noticed a large "Taste of India" sign just south of the G-Market shopping mall <...>

Any of you seen this and/or tried it?
I grabbed some takeaway from this place a couple of days ago. (They seem to be called "Indian Spice" now, by the way.) Chicken samosas, cucumber raita, plain nan, garlic nan, a mild chicken korma for the wife, a chicken madras for me (asked for extra spicy).

Took them ~15 mins to prepare everything, and it all tasted excellent. If I remember correctly, I paid 700 baht, which included a Tiger beer while I was waiting. They even brought some beer snacks for free while I sat there sipping my beer. Very well air-conditioned restaurant, btw, and everything was fresh and clean.

Only negative I could come up with, was that the madras didn't have much pep in it, even though I specifically asked to have it properly spiced up. I'll try the vindaloo the next time and see if that has more "oomph". :o
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Does anyone have the phone number of this place? I'd like to order a takeaway.

TIA
This is the way
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

I took a picture of the sign and it say: 086-705-4477 or 081-446-4215

:cheers: :cheers:
Last edited by bsdk1960 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

086 705 4477 or 081 446 4215

Posts crossed, but same info - must be right :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
JOHNSON
Novice
Novice

Post by JOHNSON »

Our lot love a curry and we all agree this place is AWESOME. Hopefully it will be there for a long time to come :cheers:
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Been this week and had great food again, Mutton Vindaloo, onion bahjis, chicken kabab thing which wasnt waht i expected but was lovely anyway. Only gripe and its personal.. garlic naan ha a taste of margarine which I dont like, plain naan is great!!
Artilery
Amateur
Amateur

Good indian restaurant

Post by Artilery »

Are there any good indian restaurants in HH?
I went to one - I think it was near the beginning of Poonsuk - last january and the food was totally uninteresting.
Thanks, Art