Bangkok-best meal?

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Yep - and that reminds me - going back to Sukhumvit Soi 5, inside Foodland there is the 'Took Lae Dee' ('Cheap and Good!') restaurant just inside the entrance. Great for Thai & farang snacks and a range of quality sandwiches for those hang over days! The BLT was always my favourite.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Bangkok Best Meal

Post by margaretcarnes »

And the middle eastern eateries in the back Sois not far from Foodland can also be very good for a change. Choose one with outdoor tables, but check out the loos inside. Can be a pleasant and unexpected surprise. Mixed platters of nibbles with loads of pickles.... :cheers:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
elem
Professional
Professional

Post by elem »

Wow, lots of great ideas for next trip, thanks!
I agree, the kebabs and Libanese style salads on Soi 3 are to die for.

I would go to Sirocco for the view and a drink, but personally I found the food there over-rated and pricey. For great (ok a bit expensive) fusion food try the top-floor (don't remember exactly which floor but one of the higher ones) restaurant at Sofitel Silom - they have some kind of "food trees" -small 'trees' with little plates on the branches- where you get to try a bit of everything.
:thumb:
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.[Benjamin Franklin]