How Jewish is Hollywood?

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Jockey
Banned
Banned

How Jewish is Hollywood?

Post by Jockey »

A poll finds more Americans disagree with the statement that 'Jews control Hollywood.' But here's one Jew who doesn't.
Joel Stein
December 19, 2008

I have never been so upset by a poll in my life. Only 22% of Americans now believe "the movie and television industries are pretty much run by Jews," down from nearly 50% in 1964. The Anti-Defamation League, which released the poll results last month, sees in these numbers a victory against stereotyping. Actually, it just shows how dumb America has gotten. Jews totally run Hollywood.

How deeply Jewish is Hollywood? When the studio chiefs took out a full-page ad in the Los Angeles Times a few weeks ago to demand that the Screen Actors Guild settle its contract, the open letter was signed by: News Corp. President Peter Chernin (Jewish), Paramount Pictures Chairman Brad Grey (Jewish), Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Robert Iger (Jewish), Sony Pictures Chairman Michael Lynton (surprise, Dutch Jew), Warner Bros. Chairman Barry Meyer (Jewish), CBS Corp. Chief Executive Leslie Moonves (so Jewish his great uncle was the first prime minister of Israel), MGM Chairman Harry Sloan (Jewish) and NBC Universal Chief Executive Jeff Zucker (mega-Jewish). If either of the Weinstein brothers had signed, this group would have not only the power to shut down all film production but to form a minyan with enough Fiji water on hand to fill a mikvah.

The person they were yelling at in that ad was SAG President Alan Rosenberg (take a guess). The scathing rebuttal to the ad was written by entertainment super-agent Ari Emanuel (Jew with Israeli parents) on the Huffington Post, which is owned by Arianna Huffington (not Jewish and has never worked in Hollywood.)

The Jews are so dominant, I had to scour the trades to come up with six Gentiles in high positions at entertainment companies. When I called them to talk about their incredible advancement, five of them refused to talk to me, apparently out of fear of insulting Jews. The sixth, AMC President Charlie Collier, turned out to be Jewish.

As a proud Jew, I want America to know about our accomplishment. Yes, we control Hollywood. Without us, you'd be flipping between "The 700 Club" and "Davey and Goliath" on TV all day.

So I've taken it upon myself to re-convince America that Jews run Hollywood by launching a public relations campaign, because that's what we do best. I'm weighing several slogans, including: "Hollywood: More Jewish than ever!"; "Hollywood: From the people who brought you the Bible"; and "Hollywood: If you enjoy TV and movies, then you probably like Jews after all."

I called ADL Chairman Abe Foxman, who was in Santiago, Chile, where, he told me to my dismay, he was not hunting Nazis. He dismissed my whole proposition, saying that the number of people who think Jews run Hollywood is still too high. The ADL poll, he pointed out, showed that 59% of Americans think Hollywood execs "do not share the religious and moral values of most Americans," and 43% think the entertainment industry is waging an organized campaign to "weaken the influence of religious values in this country."

That's a sinister canard, Foxman said. "It means they think Jews

meet at Canter's Deli on Friday mornings to decide what's best for the Jews." Foxman's argument made me rethink: I have to eat at Canter's more often.

"That's a very dangerous phrase, 'Jews control Hollywood.' What is true is that there are a lot of Jews in Hollywood," he said. Instead of "control," Foxman would prefer people say that many executives in the industry "happen to be Jewish," as in "all eight major film studios are run by men who happen to be Jewish."

But Foxman said he is proud of the accomplishments of American Jews. "I think Jews are disproportionately represented in the creative industry. They're disproportionate as lawyers and probably medicine here as well," he said. He argues that this does not mean that Jews make pro-Jewish movies any more than they do pro-Jewish surgery. Though other countries, I've noticed, aren't so big on circumcision.

I appreciate Foxman's concerns. And maybe my life spent in a New Jersey-New York/Bay Area-L.A. pro-Semitic cocoon has left me naive. But I don't care if Americans think we're running the news media, Hollywood, Wall Street or the government. I just care that we get to keep running them
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

And your point is what exactly? I mean, what are you trying to tell us that we don't already know from a quick glance at the credits of any film over the last 90 years or so?

An objective observer might think that this is just another anti-Jewish diatribe posted in the Entertainment section so that it doesn't look like a conspiracy theory, but I'm blatantly not on the same intellectual level as you, Jockey, so you'll have to spell it out for me.
This is the way
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

Eh? Whats the point? I thought the articles point was fairly obvious. Jews run Hollywood & TV channels which influence our lives whilst we like it or not. You think that don't mean anything? So perhaps everything we watch has kinda a one dimensional bias? Maybe that's why its mostly all shite we have to watch? Only certain people are awarded influential roles whilst others more qualified are excluded? The short film low budget movies is awash with innovative untapped talent but they are not allowed to progress into mainstream because of a certain agenda. Call that a conspiracy, a theory or just the way it is, all I know is the mainstream film industry has become mundane and boring.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Hollywood was invented by Jews.
Zukor, Laemmle, Mayer, Goldwyn, Warner Bros. and others.
The first, biggest star was Jewish - Chaplin.
So what?
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Jockey wrote:... all I know is the mainstream film industry has become mundane and boring.
I stopped watching Hollywood movies and most TV when Nicholas Cage's 13 yr old 'daughter' in the film 'The Weatherman' used the word 'c**t'.

Those people who are pumping this tide of immorality into our children, cannot be doing so without being aware of the effects.

Maybe I'm just a prude.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

If it bothers you that much Jockey, just buy cheap copies so they don’t make any money out of you!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

MrPlum wrote:
Jockey wrote:... all I know is the mainstream film industry has become mundane and boring.
I stopped watching Hollywood movies and most TV when Nicholas Cage's 13 yr old 'daughter' in the film 'The Weatherman' used the word 'c**t'.

Those people who are pumping this tide of immorality into our children, cannot be doing so without being aware of the effects.

Maybe I'm just a prude.
I don't think you're a prude, but in the UK, the film had a 15 rating. I vaguely recall being aware of the C word before I was 15!
Talk is cheap
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

johnnyk wrote:The first, biggest star was Jewish - Chaplin.
According to his autobiography, Chaplin and his family were most definitely C of E.

One of his great grandmothers was apparently gypsy - but not Jewish - and that was regarded as a bit of a family secret.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I wondered that about Charlie? Quite amazing as a non- JEW (the capital's are for Jockey) that he did okay, maybe he pretended and the audience bought it as well as one of his act's!
Talk is cheap
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

caller wrote: as a non- JEW (the capital's are for Jockey) !
Explain
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

STEVE G wrote:If it bothers you that much Jockey, just buy cheap copies so they don’t make any money out of you!
Good point - but that's not my gripe. The film industry seems to be catering for mainly dumb people. The story lines are unchallenged and unimaginative. Plenty ACTION though? On saying that I recently enjoyed "The Valley of Elliah" (good movie about the effects of the Iraq invasion) and "Open Range" (excellent western with Robert Duvall)

My favourite directors are Stanley Kubrik and Martin Scorsese (both Jews) so its not all bad!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Maybe that's why its mostly all shite we have to watch?
"have to watch?"?

You can always use that power off button on the remote... that's what it's there for. No one's making you watch anything... :D

If you've got a problem with TV or movies, go outside and watch the neighborhood dogs fight or read a book. There is lots of reading material that support your ideas. :idea:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Jockey wrote:
Explain
No, go work it out.
Talk is cheap
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

caller wrote:
Jockey wrote:
Explain
No, go work it out.
coward
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Ha! Look back and see how many such posts you ignore from others in all your threads. Pot calling the kettle black, I would suggest, or is that deemed as racist these days? Maybe similar to the tone of the anti-Jewish rants you now seem to enjoy indulging in....
Talk is cheap