Looking for a nanny between June 20 and August 15

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
airborn
Amateur
Amateur

Looking for a nanny between June 20 and August 15

Post by airborn »

We are a family from Sweden who have bought a condominium in Hua Hin and are planning to tay in Hua Hin for two months this summer.

My wife and I do have three kids age 2, 5, 7 and need an extra hand to help us throughout the time due to 5-years olds autism.

No cleaning or cooking is necessary. We will most probably spend the days at the pool or beach.

Does anyone have a good and reliable nanny which they can spare or suggest during the summer (perhaps as you are back home at that time)

We prefer somebody local, but do have posisbility for lodging if somebody is from outside Hua Hin.

Many Thanks
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Welcome to the board, you may wish to try the classifieds:

www.classifiedshuahin.com
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

Welcome to the board airborn.

I'm sorry but I can't help you with finding a nanny. I can offer some advice for you with regard to your 5 year old.

We also have an Autistic child who has just turned five. I would advise that any special dietary needs or medication is brought with you.

We have found with our boy that if we keep him on a lactose free diet he is much more able to control himself and learns a lot quicker. I understand every Autistic child reacts in different ways to different diets, and your child may not be on the lactose free diet, but you will, as an example, find it next to impossible to find lactose free products, or find any Thai help that understands what a lactose free diet means. The same could be true for any special needs your child has, bring a good supply of everything with you.

Good luck with finding a nanny.

If you find a nanny and need help explaining the special requirements you have in Thai Language, then please do get in contact with me, my wife has got very good at instructing them people in daily contact with our boy on what to look out for and what not to do. We would be happy to help.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
airborn
Amateur
Amateur

Post by airborn »

Thanks for the advice JD,

our son is allergic to milk protoins and not the actual lactose (among other things), but we did notice the difficulty to keep the diet while we were in Thailand this Christmas. Our main concen in terms of diet was however all kind of nuts (peanut, cashkew, hazel, wallnut etc..) which will immediately block his breathing. (The summer pf 2008 we actually had to do an emergency landing in Denver on a flight between Chicago and Honolulu due to hazelnuts in the sallad onboard a United flight). Eventhough we do have a note in Thai, you never know if they have understood it..

While both me and my wife are looking forward to spend some quality time with our kids this summer, we have also realized that the extra hand is needed as he can suddenly run off (even in trafic), refuze to walk, etc which requires our full attention and which neglects the other childrens needs somewhat.

Thank you for your offer to help explaining the needs of an autistic child for the employee. I might actually contact you this summer for this asstance. I have noticed that when my son does something inappropriately, and I try to explian that he is austistic the Thai people are very confuzed and do not understand, even though they smile and nod. (For example in December when the princess was at Hilton, they did close the lobby for 10 minutes in order for her to get to her room. Max, which is a big fan of Walkie Talkies did see one of the Army generals walkie talkies and did ran off and tried to take it from his hand... )

I will put an ad under the classifieds and see what happens.

Thank you once again

AB
bambergasgoigne

Post by bambergasgoigne »

Airborn

I have someone who might be suitable. I pm'd you earlier with the details.

Bamber
katria
Rookie
Rookie

Post by katria »

Hi I have my sister. She is 54 years old
bambergasgoigne

Can any moderator help please.

I sent Airborn a PM by clicking Send PM on this thread and he never got it. He sent me a PM to say he never got it, cos I suspected same and had posted that I sent him one on this thread. I then went to send him another PM from my Personal Messages. The message is sitting in my Outbox, but not in my Sent Items.

Does it take time to release or am I doing something wrong. I have sent a few PMs before, so it used to work ?

Thx
Bamber
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Bamber,

While you're waiting for a maderator, I'll give you my take on the problem. All PMs sit in the Outbox until the adressee reads it, at which point it moves in to you sent box.

Airborn is fairly new to the forum, does he/she know where to find their PMs?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
bambergasgoigne

Thx Bigboy

You are quite right. It has now left my Outbox and is in my Sent Items, which suggests it has been read. No more help needed.

Thx
Bamber