Cookin Corner

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Highflyer

Re: Cookin Corner

Post by Highflyer »

Is there anywhere in HH I can purchase Tahini? Thanks for any info.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Highflyer wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:46 pm Is there anywhere in HH I can purchase Tahini? Thanks for any info.
Did you try reading back a bit?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12235&p=529018&hil ... ni#p529018
Highflyer

Post by Highflyer »

I did read it actually, Hommus receipy WITHOUT TAHINI was the link. I only asked if any outlets in HH sold Tahini.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Highflyer wrote:I did read it actually, Hommus receipy WITHOUT TAHINI was the link. I only asked if any outlets in HH sold Tahini.
If you go back a bit further you will find reference to where it can be bought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Highflyer

Post by Highflyer »

OK, did not go far enough back , got it , thanks.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Why is it so difficult to just provide a simple answer?
So what, if the question was answered before?
This isn't an English boarding school, we're not prepping for an exam.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

handdrummer wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:47 pm Why is it so difficult to just provide a simple answer?
I’m so sorry for not doing it correctly, please forgive me!!

When the question was asked, I remembered that the question had been asked before so I did a quick search using the Forum search tool and posted what I thought was the answer - it turned out that the details were on the previous page, which I pointed out when it was queried - they weren’t my recommendations of where to buy from, so better that I provided where to find other people’s recommendations.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:07 pm
handdrummer wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:47 pm Why is it so difficult to just provide a simple answer?
I’m so sorry for not doing it correctly, please forgive me!!

When the question was asked, I remembered that the question had been asked before so I did a quick search using the Forum search tool and posted what I thought was the answer - it turned out that the details were on the previous page, which I pointed out when it was queried - they weren’t my recommendations of where to buy from, so better that I provided where to find other people’s recommendations.
Mea Culpa.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Cooking

Post by handdrummer »

I don't know where to put this so move it if necessary.

My wife bought a frozen pie from HH Ham & Bacon and there are no cooking instructions.

Does it have to be thawed before cooking/heating? Can it be cooked/heated in a microwave? Does it have to be put in an oven? If so, at what temp. for how long?

Is it already cooked and just have to be heated?

Thank you.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

They'll almost certainly be pre-cooked. They would need thawing or defrosting in the micro. Then a couple of mins in the micro or heat them up in the oven.

Already cooked so there is no cooking instructions.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: Cooking

Post by joelle »

handdrummer wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:34 pm I don't know where to put this so move it if necessary.

My wife bought a frozen pie from HH Ham & Bacon and there are no cooking instructions.

Does it have to be thawed before cooking/heating? Can it be cooked/heated in a microwave? Does it have to be put in an oven? If so, at what temp. for how long?

Thank you.
From frozen in the oven 180° / 30 to 45 minutes
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

joelle wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:11 pm
handdrummer wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:34 pm I don't know where to put this so move it if necessary.

Thank you.
Thank you.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

handdrummer wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:35 pm
joelle wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:11 pm

Thank you.
Thank you.
I’d agree with Joelle, pies are much better reheated in an oven than in a microwave where the pastry tends to go soggy
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

This has been raised before with regards to Nany's pies. Heated for a couple of mins in a micro doesn't result in 'soggy' crust. Of course an oven will make a 'crisper' crust. I've always used the micro to heat pies with no problem.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m sure a microwave will reheat a pie that’s edible, but to produce something that’s really enjoyable I’d always use a conventional oven. I’m confident that if you did a blind taste test, at least 9 out of 10 would choose a pie reheated in a convection oven in preference to a microwave oven.