Trattoria Luciano, Soi 94 - Recomended Italian Restaurant

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
stgrhe
Professional
Professional

Trattoria Luciano, Soi 94 - Recomended Italian Restaurant

Post by stgrhe »

Today I tried the new Italian restaurant on soi 94, opposite Khun Oy's and next to Sakura Sushi, for lunch and I was delighted over the quality of the food.

One of the today's specials was ossobucco, one of my favorite dishes, and it was one of the best I have had in years, actually one better than the previous one I had at La Grappa, which by the way is one of my favorite restaurants in Hua Hin.

Luciano, the chef, has previously been working at La Grappa and appears to know his cooking and by this thread I like to share my positive experience with other forum members.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Trattoria Luciano, Soi 94 - Recomended Italian Restauran

Post by hhfarang »

Today I tried the new Italian restaurant on soi 94, opposite Khun Oy's and next to Sakura Sushi, for lunch and I was delighted over the quality of the food.
Tried to go there a week or so ago with a friend at lunch and the owner (chef?) was not present and the staff didn't seem to know what to do or what was going on. Ended up going across the street.

I'll write that off to it being new and give it another try sometime on your recommendation... :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Since the apparition of Lucianos (right next to Sakura Sushi, a very worthy neighbor, indeed) on 94th st opposite Khun Oy. I've had a hard time in deciding which does better Italian food, Lucianos or Il Delize on Sa Sarong (opposite the All in Hua Hin)

I recommend both of them.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

yep, went there last week and the food was very good, the owner is a nice guy also.
highly recommended. :D
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Its great to have 3 great places in close proximity! All fantastic!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

The Soi 94 area has become restaurant row now. It's great to be able to go there and get almost any type of food without going downtown (if you live on the south end as I do).

Now there is:

Thai (Several places)
European (Swedish or German)
Indian
Japanese
Italian (Three places I think)
American
Mexican
Fresh Bakery

All on or within a block or two off Soi 94... :munch: :thumb:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

hhfarang wrote:The Soi 94 area has become restaurant row now. It's great to be able to go there and get almost any type of food without going downtown (if you live on the south end as I do).

Now there is:

Thai (Several places)
European (Swedish or German)
Indian
Japanese
Italian (Three places I think)
American
Mexican
Fresh Bakery

So when did Italy leave Europe? :wink: :cheers:

All on or within a block or two off Soi 94... :munch: :thumb:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

So when did Italy leave Europe?
:D Guess I should have specified "Northern" European when mentioning Swedish and German (which are somewhat similar and completely different from Italian) which is why I listed it separately. :cheers:
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Hi hhfarang

Sorry, I was just being a bit facetious :wink:

Thanks for all the info - looks like the soi 94 area is a place I have to hit when I'm in town next.

Which is the German restaurant, by the way?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Khun Oy's restaurant has several menu pages of northern European food... a Swedish friend of mine says it's good, authentic, and cheap... :cheers:
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

OK I will give it a try. If it's as good as Delize then I should not be disappointed.

Crazy 88
stgrhe
Professional
Professional

Post by stgrhe »

hhfarang wrote:Khun Oy's restaurant has several menu pages of northern European food... a Swedish friend of mine says it's good, authentic, and cheap... :cheers:
Allow me to have a different opinion about Khun Oy's so-called Swedish food. I eat there mostly every week and I think its is a fairly good restaurant that serves both decent Thai and Western food for their prices, but to call their special Swedish dishes genuine is to exaggerate; they are actually quite bad tasting and I'd even say that those dishes are best being served to the dogs.

For really good tasting Swedish food I recommend Cajutan on soi 88/1.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I like Cajutan on 88/1 too and have been there several times. I wanted to go recently again, but unfortunately, it is closed for the summer according to their web site.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Tried last night. Spot on. Made a point of letting the owner know that we found the place via HHAD. I will be going again for sure.
:cheers:

Crazy 88
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Crazy 88,

Did you happen to notice if they open for lunch or not?

Thanks