Noiseless aircondition

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Arcan
Amateur
Amateur

Noiseless aircondition

Post by Arcan »

Our AC, 3 years old LG, makes too much noise from the fan. We therefore want to change to a better, almost noiseless one. Does anybody have a recomandation what to buy and where to go?
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Re: Noiseless aircondition

Post by JimmyGreaves »

our daikins have a night time facility that makes them very very quite. umpol air on the palau road
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Angelique

Post by Angelique »

We have / had also LG:s (2.5 years old) and they were so noisy that we bought one new Hitachi to our master bedroom. (with sleeping buttons and silence buttons etc.) and it is very good. But the main thing is that at least once in year you have to odrer perfect cleaning for AC:s!
Same place -Big Giang, bring new ac and cleans all the other once. (500thb/ac) Have to say that they old noisy LG:s begame quite silence after that.
No worth to do by you self... they were very good boys to do that!
Arcan
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Arcan »

Thanks to both of you! We did the cleaning last year, but compared to those we have in Norway (for heating) the noise is pretty high. We also used Big Kiang then and had the same experience. Very qiuck, serviceminded and not expencive.
I think we buy new ones next time we go to HH!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

JimmyGreaves wrote:our daikins have a night time facility that makes them very very quite. umpol air on the palau road
I have to agree with Jimmy. The inverter units are almost silent when switched to the 'quiet' mode. Daikin commands some kind of good notoriety as you'll often see real estate ads for property specifically noting that the house is equipped with Daikin units.

Regardless of brand name, I would recommend a major, professional cleaning every six months. The issue is not so much the inside unit's filters which you can do yourself every few weeks, but the dirt that accumulates on the evaporator fins on the outside unit. If you're in an area with dust you'll be amazed what builds up over a 6 month period which can only be removed properly by high pressure water/steam cleaning. If your unit is in the sun, you get algae build up in the drainage system as well which will eventually result in the unit leaking water inside onto your floor.

We have another thread on here somewhere about how to do that drainage cleaning yourself and what type of tool/blower you'll need. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

We have a Daikin unit in the bedroom of our condo in Bangkok. Not even inverter model but VERY quiet. The Air Con. store that sold it to us said the Mitsubishi's are the best with the Daikin units as good but cost less and very reliable.
sansaran
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sansaran »

Our aircons are really noisy! Think they are about 12 years old, and maybe they havent been cleaned nor steamed. And the unit outside! I`ll have to buy new ones when going to HH in Dec. Also I should have removed the bathtub,installing a shower instead,and a new toilet. Would also make an installation for washing-machine in the bathroom. Will search the forum,seeking information about these "activities"
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

We have a Mitsubishi that we perchased in Big C or Makro can't remmember but it is really low on noise the only problem we have had with it is a blown fuse when the house got struck by lightning.
I think we paid 2900 baht for it 4 years ago.
Kendo. :cheers: :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

If you want to put in a shower look at the below site under 'products'. They can adapt their system to any size and shape space. Not cheap but looks good, functional and easier than erecting brick/mortar walls to enclose the shower. I'm sure there is a dealer/shop in HH. Pete :cheers:

http://www.heiler-siam.co.th/index.php? ... &Itemid=78
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Carrier are well worth considering. Always found them reliable and quiet. After sales service from central air excellent.

Crazy 88
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

kendo wrote:We have a Mitsubishi that we perchased in Big C or Makro can't remmember but it is really low on noise the only problem we have had with it is a blown fuse when the house got struck by lightning.
I think we paid 2900 baht for it 4 years ago.
Kendo. :cheers: :cheers:
I think that you may of left off a zero on that price, Kendo. :cheers:

If cleaning the units, under NO circumstances allow a high pressure cleaner anywhere NEAR the outside condensing unit. The cooling fins on the condenser are very thin aluminium and are easily bent over, which will restrict the cooling air flow through the unit. There is suitable detergent available, which after application, should just be washed off with an ordinary garden hose. The condensing unit also has a fan inside of it which is NOT waterproof. It should be either, removed, or well protected with a plastic sheet, before trying to clean the rest of it.

The inside evaporator coils should also be cleaned with a chemical cleaner, as they are very similar in construction to the outside unit. The noise coming from the evaporator unit originates at the fan. Over a period of time, despite regular cleaning of whatever filter it may have, dirt builds up on the fan blades causing them to run out of balance, and hence generate noise. In older units the small bearings in the fan and / or motor will become worn, again causing noise. The only way to remedy that is remove the fan assembly and clean it, and maybe replace the bearings.

Inverter units are not quieter just because they are inverter types, but more because of the quality of the manufacturer. The main biggest advantage of inverter types is that they use a lot less electricity, as the compressor only runs at the speed required by the load for one thing, and they do not stop and start like a conventional compressor, which draws a big surge of power each time they start. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Silent AC is great when awake but when I sleep (which is the only time I use the AC) I want noise. Steady white noise to help mask sounds from outside my place. Between AC & earplugs I rarely hear the dog fights unless they're under my window. Roosters? What roosters?