Whiskeys

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Whiskeys

Post by STEVE G »

I've never had a bottle of whisky around long enough to have this problem but I've just had a read on the net and an opened bottle will only last for two years in perfect conditions and considerably less in high temperatures, so if I was you I'd drink that Blue Label now!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

STEVE G wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:31 pm I've never had a bottle of whisky around long enough to have this problem but I've just had a read on the net and an opened bottle will only last for two years in perfect conditions and considerably less in high temperatures, so if I was you I'd drink that Blue Label now!
I’d always assumed that whisky would almost last indefinitely but if that’s the case, I’d better start drinking as it’s too good to waste!!
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Guess I'll have to start gifting away my bottles then.... :|
I think most are unopened so the whisky may still be ok I'll just have to expect every cork to die upon opening...
Thanks guys.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Ginjaninja wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:13 pm Guess I'll have to start gifting away my bottles then.... :|
I think most are unopened so the whisky may still be ok I'll just have to expect every cork to die upon opening...
Thanks guys.
I don’t know whether you can buy cork stoppers to replace any that “die” upon opening, if you can then that should prolong the life quite a bit - I’m going to look on my next trip back to the UK, where I would imagine the chances will be greater than here in Thailand?
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Was in MV Lotus’s the other day and they have vastly improved the upper end whisky (in a locked case) on sale. A few varieties of Ardbeg to say the least.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I'd slowed down on my Whiskey drinking but when I got on China Air (business class) they were pouring JW blue free, I started drinking again,
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.