Where is the drivers license bureau for Hua Hin?

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Where is the drivers license bureau for Hua Hin?

Post by wpcoe »

I recently moved here from Jomtien and wonder if I should, or am required to, submit a change of address notice with them. If so, where are they? I have two licenses: auto and moto-sai.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Where is the drivers license bureau for Hua Hin?

Post by hhfarang »

It's in Pranburi, but that's a good question. Do you have to do a change of address with them... you certainly do at the local immigration office but I don't know about the Driver's License folks.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Don't you need a letter from the police, or Imm, confirming your address when you get a license? If that's correct (I don't drive here), then I assume you'd just need to do the same again.
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Yeah, makes sense I'd need proof of my residency, which would be the form letter from Immigrations. I was just there (Imm.) the other day to advise my new address, and should have gotten a letter then, I guess.

So, it's in Pranburi, huh? With no car/moto-sai, how do I get there? Do those mini-buses that run down Phetkasem Rd go there?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

wpcoe wrote:So, it's in Pranburi, huh? With no car/moto-sai, how do I get there? Do those mini-buses that run down Phetkasem Rd go there?
It's a long old trek (about 16 kms from the town centre?) and could cost a fortune - if you haven't got someone who can give you a lift, I'd hire a motorcycle for the day.

Second thoughts, you could get the bus to Pran and then a motorcy taxi, but you'd need to be able to explain where you wanted to go!
This is the way
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

If the minibuses don't run there and you have no other means of transport, get one of the orange local buses that start out to Pranburi from the crossroads at the night market.
They leave pretty regularly - every 20 mins or so - costs about 30 THB one-way and takes about 30 mins.
When the bus joins the ring road just outside of Pranburi, you need to get off at the second set of traffic lights - the first set is for Thannarat Army Camp. The test centre is up the road to the right at that set of lights. The bus will stop wherever you want it to.
Edit: d-m, our posts crossed.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

The easiest way to go to Pranburi Department of Motor Vehicles (or your equivalent thereof) would be to rent a motorbike and drive. DMV is easy to find and most probably you'll have a one-stop-service at DMV.

"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Thanks for the feedback and the directions. The Tesco Lotus on the map is a good landmark. It looks like Tesco is just after the traffic light where I need to turn, right?

So I just ask to go to Tesco on the bus, then go to the moto-sai stand at Tesco and point to my drivers license and pantomime my need to go there. That should be simple enough. :)
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

See you neck year, krap! :cheers:
This is the way
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

wpcoe wrote:Thanks for the feedback and the directions. The Tesco Lotus on the map is a good landmark. It looks like Tesco is just after the traffic light where I need to turn, right?

So I just ask to go to Tesco on the bus, then go to the moto-sai stand at Tesco and point to my drivers license and pantomime my need to go there. That should be simple enough. :)
No, it's just a short walk from Tesco, you don't need a motorbyke.
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Great! Thanks for all the info.
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

Does anyone happen to know the hours of operation ?
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

jumusman wrote:Does anyone happen to know the hours of operation ?
No, but it would be fairly safe to assume that they will be open by 9.00 am or earlier and close at 4.00pm or later, so if you get there anytime in between, you should be ok :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Be careful, they do stop for lunch (12 til 1 I think). If you get there just before lunch, you could have an unnecessary long wait.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Big Boy wrote:Be careful, they do stop for lunch (12 til 1 I think). If you get there just before lunch, you could have an unnecessary long wait.
Yes, I once spent an hour in that noodle stall in the car park!