Chinese Doctor ?

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Chinese Doctor ?

Post by Gus »

Whilst having a massage from a Thai lady in the UK the other day she was telling me how good this Chinese doctor was; whose practice was surprisingly enough in Chinatown Bangkok.
I quite fancy the idea of paying one a visit, but I don't really want to visit the Big Mango next trip.
Is there one in Hua Hin, and more importantly if there is, is he any good?
TIA
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Re: Chinese Doctor ?

Post by Dr Mike »

There are of course a large number of Thai -Chinese and they form a dissproportionally large segment of the Medical manpower in THai.
I think that you are probably refering to Drs who practise Traditional Chinese Medicine. I am not aware of any in Hua Hin,but as they often practise ina low-key manner I would not necessarily know.
Amarita

Post by Amarita »

I dont know anything about Chinese medisine,
working inside the Western diagnostic system.
But I guess it must work for somebody since
all China trust this form of treatment ?
I know that some Norwegian Hospitals use
Chinese Acupuncture in their treatments,
and have good results. Is that possible in private
Hospitals in Thailand as well ?
I have Thai friends who use Chinese medication
together with Western medication.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

There are two or three Chinese practices in the town where I live, I have been very busy and have not had time yet to pay one a visit, although they will not be as cheap as Thailand.
I know that there is a Chinese medicine hospital near to Hualamphong station in Bangkok, just enquiring about Hua Hin cos i don't really want to spend too much time in Bangkok.
When there I always spend too much money :)
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Sorry, this isn't in Hua Hin, and is in The Big Mango, but St.Louis Hospital on Sathorn has a Traditional Chinese Medical Clinic. I know I've read good reviews about it online:

http://www.saintlouis.or.th/clinic/clin ... dept_id=31