Peak Concern for global warming has Passed

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Peak Concern for global warming has Passed

Post by Homer »

The left lost their campaign. Read on and be educated from an American perspective on how this happened.

The left's key mistake was underestimated both the decline of the influence of the lamestream media (aka left partisan media) and the rise in power of truthful media (aka St. Rupert, The Doctor of Democracy, Glen Beck and the like)

The lamestream media and leftists in general got on the bandwagon too quickly. The lack of even an impression of considered evaluation before acceptance and advocacy alerted those who's politics are based on the Constitution and thought that those who's politics were rooted in Marx and the emotions of their personal victimhood were up to something.

The actions required to combat global warming (GW) were identical to the left's agenda before they got on the Prevent GW Now bandwagon. Fair and Balanced reporting, Et al., planted this seed of doubt deeply and cultivated it with great care.

The actions required to combat GW were identical to the wacko, childish, hate-capitalism-first crowd's agenda to cripple the world's industrialized nations so they would have had less power over the other nations. Glen Beck energized his followers using this one. Leftists of all stripes (including the few who had actually heard or seen one of his broadcasts) totally underestimated the power of an charismatic, articulate preacher to sow outrage over how the Evil (and their useful idiots) were aiming purposely at the powerful nations' achilles.

GW alarmists redefined concepts. They took one from the Marxist playbook and changed the definition of how a scientific field came to conclusion. Fair and Balanced reporting, Et al., exposed it as the fraud it was. The public ate this up. If the science was true, why would the alarmists attempt to short circuit the scientific process?

The clinched straw that broke the camels back had it's roots in the left's inherent arrogance and condescension. Leftists believe there are three kinds of people: Oppressors, the oppressed and an elite who knows how to control the former for the benefit of the latter. They see this self appointed role as the secular equivalent of a mission from God. Thus when the stakes are high they use any means necessary to achieve their goal. Scientists lied and got caught.

Finally, Al Gore was the face of GW in the US. That was a mistake in so many ways.

First, he's an elitist who didn't live the life he was preaching. Fair and Balanced reporting educated the public about Al's ginormus personal carbon footprint. Americans have little use for those who talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

Second, his GW film persona was so far removed from his black hole of personality exhibited during his political career that even people who wanted to believe in GW knew something was fishy. Who was handling Al, telling him what to say and how to say it?

Third, he had already publicly demonstrated on the largest possible national stage that he was all about what was good for Al, not what was best for the American public. He'd attempted to ram one down the nation's throat and was branded permanently as being trusted only to use whatever means necessary to reach his goals. His unpardonable act was after losing the 2000 state election for Florida's presidential electoral votes he requested a recount of only the counties with the highest percentage of democrats.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Peak Concern for global warming has Passed

Post by dtaai-maai »

Homer wrote:... those who's politics are based on the Constitution and thought that those who's politics were rooted in Marx and the emotions of their personal victimhood were up to something.
That's as far as I could get, I'm afraid. Couldn't see the screen for the tears of laughter!
Homer, please tell us this is a parody and you're having a laugh!
This is the way
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Nice post Homer... that should flush out Sandman67 pretty shortly... :D :D :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

You're obviously not very interested in physics so here's a picture of a Texan reservoir:
Attachments
phpXhQ5wcPM.jpg
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

What could you possibly be concerned about?
Attachments
texasdrought.jpg
texasdrought.jpg (42.35 KiB) Viewed 944 times
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

dtaai-maai wrote:
Homer wrote:... those who's politics are based on the Constitution and thought that those who's politics were rooted in Marx and the emotions of their personal victimhood were up to something.
That's as far as I could get, I'm afraid. Couldn't see the screen for the tears of laughter!
When a leftist tells Conservatives what he thinks are truths about Conservatism the Conservative laughs because the guy is so far off. When a Conservative tells the truth the leftist has to fake the laugh because if leftists ever acknowledge the truth about who they are and what they want those in the middle of the political spectrum would abandon them.

Laughter is one of the hardest things for an actor to do, especially children. When face to face it's obvious when it's fake. leftists need to take acting lessons.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Latest poll from Rasmussen, a respected American public opinion polling firm, finds 40% of American adults think it's Very Likely that scientists have falsified their global warming data. Another 29% think it's Somewhat Likely. Only 6% say it's Not At All Likely.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... g_research
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

The left's key mistake was underestimated both the decline of the influence of the lamestream media (aka left partisan media) and the rise in power of truthful media (aka St. Rupert, The Doctor of Democracy, Glen Beck and the like)
Planet Earth sponsored by ExxonMobile:
Attachments
foxearthpage.jpg
foxearthpage.jpg (128.26 KiB) Viewed 921 times
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Homer wrote: 40% of American adults think it's Very Likely that scientists have falsified their global warming data.
Just for clarification, Homer, do you mention this to support your argument...? :)
This is the way
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Homer wrote:
dtaai-maai wrote:
When a leftist tells Conservatives what he thinks are truths about Conservatism the Conservative laughs because the guy is so far off. When a Conservative tells the truth the leftist has to fake the laugh because if leftists ever acknowledge the truth about who they are and what they want those in the middle of the political spectrum would abandon them.

Laughter is one of the hardest things for an actor to do, especially children. When face to face it's obvious when it's fake. leftists need to take acting lessons.
Acting lessons? If only you knew!! :laugh: :laugh:

But I still fail to see why something like climate problems has to be a left/right issue... :? And let's say it is, as a rightist you can't bring the Constitution into the argument because:
Starting in the late 1990's in well into the 21st Century, the American Right wing have tried to amend or even dismiss the Constitution. The biggest reason for their animosity is because you can't say "Constitution" without saying "tit", which makes many conservatives uncomfortable.
... which is about as valid an argument as any you've put forward so far! :neener:
This is the way
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

The problem is that there is and always has been climate change (aka, global warming/cooling) and it has become a political football for both sides. It is a fact of life on this planet and the swings will get worse as population grows so it should not be used in the political arena at all. It should be under a neutral agenda explored and explained by politically neutral scientists so that everyone can understand the change, the dimension of it, the causes, the effects, and decide if there is anything we can or should do about it.

That will never happen... :roll:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

To be honest HH, it's only really in America where it's been made into a party political issue; in Europe and elsewhere it's not generally the right versus left issue that has been turned into in the US.
Although there is much debate over the subject, the idea that you're a communist if you believe in it would be considered laughable here.
I have my own theory that the Republican party have simply demonised the theory rather than trying to have any logical debate over the science.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

To be honest HH, it's only really in America where it's been made into a party political issue; in Europe and elsewhere it's not generally the right versus left issue that has been turned into in the US.
...and how is that working out for Spain who, as I have read, were on the leading edge of proliferating wind and solar technology in Europe... they must have gotten rich by now with that. :wink:

And there's this for those who care...
On Tuesday an international bird watchdog group based in Spain, Save the Eagles International (STEI), warned that the expected construction of 3.5 million wind turbines worldwide will result in the extinction of a variety of bird species.

STEI is calling for a moratorium on all wind farm construction and an investigation into whether the threat to wildlife is worth the amount of energy produced — when, they say, there are so many other, more efficient sources of energy.

[...]

“Unfortunately they do kill and maim birds and bats. Not only do they harm these birds, but they also hurt the young who depend on them and end up suffering as well. There are ways to reduce harm,” senior PETA campaigner Ashley Byrne told TheDC “There are more wildlife friendly turbines that spin more slowly and pose less of a risk and there is even a company that manufactures hoop shaped blades that are far more wildlife friendly.”

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Department reports that these sky-high blenders slaughter more than 440,000 birds annually, including protected species.
Don't get me wrong Steve. I know you are passionate about this subject and I applaud you. I just don't trust governments or scientists hired by governments to come up with a cure that isn't worse than the disease. :cheers:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I just don't trust governments or scientists hired by governments to come up with a cure that isn't worse than the disease.
I agree on that and have always stated that the only realistic way of cutting emissions in the short term is by reducing the use of fossil fuels through increased efficiency.
It's quite possible to buy things like more efficient vehicles today that would meet most peoples needs but they won't buy them if they're not convinced that there is a need.
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

So why bother with vehicles at all Steve ? What energy sources would you use to manufacture the Fe, Al, PVC, SiO2, rubber, etc etc?? Just more efficient usage ? No doubt any efficiency gains would be outweighed by the increased number of people using them but that again is simple logic.
And how do we mine the rare earths that are used in batteries (not the Apple i-pad planned to fail types)??
I thought bats had sonar to detect objects and as for birds - have you seen the speed of the propellers in those turbines hardly like those on pre-jet aeroplanes - but then that's an argument for wind turbines. The whole GW and Climate Change debate is ridiculously lopsided and too many egos and jobs depend on the increasing number of loopy loonies and Henny Pennies who wave that particular banner.