U.S. Embassy appointment system

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

U.S. Embassy appointment system

Post by hhfarang »

Any Americans tried to make an appointment lately with the U.S. Embassy Bangkok American Citizen Services?

I've been doing this for years and now the website has changed. There are two ways to select to make an appointment and I've tried both ways with three browsers and two computers. When I sent a complaint to ACS about it they sent me back some bulls**t about proxy servers. I tried the settings they suggested plus every other setting and nothing works.

As of the first of next month ACS will only work with people who have made appointments (using their online system) for non-emergency services so if you can't make an appointment (for your income letter for instance) you can't get one.

There is always a new f**king headache here no matter what you are trying to do! :banghead: :cuss:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: U.S. Embassy appointment system

Post by dtaai-maai »

:laugh: Well at least nobody can blame the Thais for this one!
This is the way
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I just went in HHF specifically to try it after reading your post. Worked OK for me selecting ' other passport services'. I selected date/time and other entries up until I had to enter name and personal info, then exited. Seems to be working. I'm on a Mac and using TOT high speed. Pete :cheers:

EDIT: Browser I'm using is Firefox 5
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Pete, not other passport services. Try to make an appointment for a simple notary...

Here's the page:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/acsappointment.html

Try to select either of the highlighted appointment texts and see if you get to the appointment page. All I get is a "page not available" error, even though I can browse through the entire web site and everything else seems to work just fine.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Got it with no problems. Once again selected a date, a time, then existed the process at the part about name, passport number etc. Pete :cheers:

EDIT: Tried both of the highlighted appointment texts and they both worked.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

As an FYI, under 'notary and other services', August 17-19, 22-25 and 29-31 are wide open. September is wide open except for the 5th and 30th.

If you want me to do it for you, PM me the following info plus the date and time of day you want. Pete :cheers:

Applicant's Surname :
Applicant's Given Name :
Applicant's DOB (dd/mmm/yyyy) :
Contact Telephone Number :
E-mail Address :
Country of Citizenship:
Country of Birth:
Passport Number :
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

We're leaving in a few minutes. Wonder why I can't reach that page. I have no problems with any other page, Embassy pages or other. This makes no sense at all, and as I said, I've tried with three browsers and two computers. :? :? :? Could it be something to do with 3BB. If there are any others out there with 3BB, could you try to see if you can just access the appointment page and let me know?

Thanks Pete and everyone, I'll just queue up this time but need to figure this out as 1st of Sept they won't see you without an appointment.
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Just got in to make an appointment without any problems and I am not even American! We are with 3BB and I first used internet explorer and then firefox same result each time.
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Using the links posted above, Opera 11.50 browser, and 3BB ADSL in Hua Hin, I was able to reach the page with actual appointments available for a specific date.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I am really mystified by this, after arriving in Bangkok I used the hotel system to book the appointment. At home, as I said using 3 browsers and 2 computers I could not access the appointment page... and only the appointment page... and I accessed it in Bkk using one of those same computers and browsers... :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :|
tood ling
Amateur
Amateur

Post by tood ling »

also got to page to make a time appointment
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

There has to be an answer HHF. Maybe your ops systems are not updated with the needed format that the form runs on? I don't know what the Embassy uses, Flash or some other kind of forms software. I would think though that your browsers would put up a warning if you were going to a page it couldn't render? Let us know when you solve it. Pete :cheers:

EDIT: Maybe a case for Digital Surgery.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

This is from the State Department, and not specific to Bangkok....which may be different? Pete :cheers:

What you need:

Your Internet browser must support 128-bit encryption.
If you are using Internet Explorer (Windows), the minimum version that will work with this site is version 5.0, with service pack 2.
If you are using Netscape, the minimum version that will work with this site is version 6.2.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Well, I didn't try either of those browsers, but I tried FF4 (netbook) and FF3.6.x (desktop), as well as Chrome (netbook) and Maxthon (desktop); and as I said I could access it using my netbook from the hotel in Bangkok (FF4, Win7) but not from home... got to be something in the security setup on my modem is all I can figure.

Anyway, for fellow Americans, I verified that starting the first of next month (Sept 2011), American Citizen Services will not see you without an appointment and the only way to make an appointment is through the online system...
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

I just experienced the same problem of not being able to access the calendar to make an appointment at the Embassy. Emailed them and Got a reply back from Kerry Webb at the embassy; acsbkk@state.gov with a tel. number of 02-205-4049 to call her back if I could not get through with the link she sent me. I called her and she said she would appreciate anyone having trouble accessing calendar to email her a screen shot of the error they were receiving so she could send it to IT people to clear up. Also was able to make appointment on the phone at that time to solve my immediate problem.