Buying an airgun in HuaHin/Thailand

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Re: Buying an airgun in HuaHin/Thailand

Post by VincentD »

You could try, but at that price, for the quality implied (I did read the reviews) it's a tossup between going with your head or your heart. The reviews were basically, yes I'm happy it shoots, but the construction is less than ideal.
วินเชนท์
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Can you ask a Thai to purchase an airgun on your behalf?
Baiting?
Longbow?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Probably, but it'll involve a trip to Bangkok and paperwork which is a world of hassle. Have a recurve bow already but I aint Robin Hood and that thing is deadly!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

You could try soaking dried corn in rotgut till it has all been absorbed into the corn, and give them a good hangover. They may or may not return. However, substitute the rotgut with rubbing alcohol and you could have a more permanent result..
วินเชนท์
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Are these intruders feral, or do they belong to somebody? Where do they roost? It may be better to pay somebody to catch them at night time.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Obviously with option one, they'll be a lot easier to catch and still be able to cook - dog food?
วินเชนท์
buksida

Post by buksida »

They're feral, the neighbour has said I can do what I want with them, I did offer to pay them to get rid of them but they just laughed at that and said "try catching one". They are in plague proportions now since there are no natural predators and the locals don't seem to be bothered by them (Thais are addicted to noise).

Thought of the poison option, but don't want to get any dogs or birds with it either.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson