Ear Wax Removal

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Ear Wax Removal

Post by caller »

HHTel wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:12 pm I'll find out for you. As far as I recall, it's only open in the evening. Should you have to wait, there's an excellent bar/restaurant directly opposite.
Isn't this the clinic that is now closed?
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Just been informed that it's not closed but open around 5pm until 8:30pm.
I will check.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

HHTel wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:17 pm Just been informed that it's not closed but open around 5pm until 8:30pm.
I will check.
Okay, apologies.
Talk is cheap
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Eiahhh wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:20 pm I've had reduced hearing on my right ear for years, but never thought it was because of ear wax. after all i do use Q-tips regularly. Today i woke up and my hearing was almost completly gone on that same ear.. I was kind of freakin out, but tried to stay calm.. first i tried with Q-tips to fix it..FAIL.. Now i was 100% deaf.. PANIC time.. looked up solutions online and found a solution where you pour hydrogen peroxide in your ear... Didn't work.. infact it made it worse. it was like adding water to cement.. It was the weirdest thing. You kind of loose the ability to hear in stereo.. i could not for the life of me hear what direction the sounds where coming from. everything was mono :)

Then i finally did something right. I went to THIS forum and found this thread. Went to the ENT guy (had to wait one hour) and he knew what he was doing. He pulled out the biggest brick of Wax i have seen. took him 20 minute before the beast was out. it looked like an old gremlin..... And let me tell you, my hearing has not been this good for 10 years.. i cant even describe it. Orgasmic is just too weak of a word....

Last words from the doctor: Never EVER use Q-tips ;D only water

The price is now 500 baht per ear

PS! Shout out to Big Boy for clarifying the exact location as i am a bit of an idot sometimes :)
PLEASE tell me the location on Soi 51 and is there a telephone number? Thanks in advance
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy posted this a long time ago
Attachments
IMG_0436.png
IMG_0436.png (211.21 KiB) Viewed 7178 times
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That must have been a long time ago - the clinic moved to Soi 51 (not sure if it's still there.

I would recommend the clinic near Baan Khun Por these days.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.5580479 ... ?entry=ttu
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I second that. I've used them 2 or 3 times. They have the latest equipment and the doc knows what she's doing.
It should be noted that it's an evening clinic and doesn't open till 5pm.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:08 pm That must have been a long time ago - the clinic moved to Soi 51 (not sure if it's still there.

I have just been to see the clinic and they are very good and know what they are doing.
My ears have not been cleaned for some 40 years so I need to go again next week so that daily ear drops etc will loosen
up the 50% balance left.
As HHTEL said she has good modern equipment - so thank you all
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm pleased they could help.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Just a follow up.
I have now had both ears cleaned and my hearing has improved 20%, so I can recommend that if your hearing has got less and over many years they have not been cleaned , this clinic is well worth a visit. Cost is Bht550 per ear and they are open from 5pm Monday to Thursday
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

I was in BeWell yesterday for my regular check-up so I asked about ear wax removal. The doctor had a special camera connected to her phone and showed me the inside of my ears which were both completely wax free. The whole process took about 30 seconds and cost nothing.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

HarryVardon wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:40 am I was in BeWell yesterday for my regular check-up so I asked about ear wax removal. The doctor had a special camera connected to her phone and showed me the inside of my ears which were both completely wax free. The whole process took about 30 seconds and cost nothing.
I have one of those cameras, they're amazing!

Also, Be Well cleaned my ears last year, simple and gentle, I always worry about those water pressure machines bursting an eardrum if set too high, but I worry more about docs putting sharp metal instruments inside. 555
Bubba1

Post by Bubba1 »

PET wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:39 pm
Big Boy wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:08 pm That must have been a long time ago - the clinic moved to Soi 51 (not sure if it's still there.

I have just been to see the clinic and they are very good and know what they are doing.
My ears have not been cleaned for some 40 years so I need to go again next week so that daily ear drops etc will loosen
up the 50% balance left.
What are the hours of this clinic?
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Bubba1 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:31 am
PET wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:39 pm

up the 50% balance left.
What are the hours of this clinic?
It's written in his post ! :roll:
I quote «Cost is Bht550 per ear and they are open from 5pm Monday to Thursday»