Fish and Chips

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Re: Fish and Chips

Post by Jack_Batty »

HHTel wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:38 am May's kitchen is one of the best places for fish and chips. Real batter etc.
However, it's about 6 kms out of Hua Hin not far from the new immigration office.
It is well known for it's F and C. Also does indian food.
I think people are confusing Kim's Kitchen which is near the station. Not sure about their fish and chips.
I just visited May’s Kitchen for the first time, after nearly five months in Hua Hin, and I had the fish & chips. I was very pleased with the quality and size of the order. And the tartar sauce was the best I’ve had in a very long time. Reminded me of my favorite brand in the US, which is Marina. I will definitely be back to May’s to try the rest of the menu.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

So glad you liked it. You've just reminded me that I haven't been for a while so time for a visit.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

HHTel wrote:So glad you liked it. You've just reminded me that I haven't been for a while so time for a visit.
Could somebody remind us where on the map we can find Mays Kitchen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

It's about 1 click east(towards Pala U Rd) past the new imm office. Sorry, I don't do maps. Seeing as it's a quiet Friday I will give it a go. Just for you. :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

sateeb wrote:It's about 1 click east(towards Pala U Rd) past the new imm office. Sorry, I don't do maps. Seeing as it's a quiet Friday I will give it a go. Just for you. :cheers:
Or is it North?
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

hhinner wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:07 pm
sateeb wrote:It's about 1 click east(towards Pala U Rd) past the new imm office. Sorry, I don't do maps. Seeing as it's a quiet Friday I will give it a go. Just for you. :cheers:
Or is it North?

South, actually.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

North east actually

― George Carlin
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

For those of us that have trouble with North South East and West, turn into the Imm office, turn around in the car park go back to the entrance and turn right.

Jack Batty..South...seriously???? :banghead: :banghead:

― George Carlin
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

sateeb wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:48 pm For those of us that have trouble with North South East and West, turn into the Imm office, turn around in the car park go back to the entrance and turn right.

Jack Batty..South...seriously???? :banghead: :banghead:
Fortunately I don’t have a compass so will ignore the NSEW suggestions and try to find the Imm office (I go to Tha Yang so not familiar with the HH Imm office). :cheers:
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Dannie Boy..Do you have a smart phone with t'internet? Google maps and enter Mays Kitchen. :cheers: :thumb:

PS..Don't head for the ones in Florida, USA :duck:

― George Carlin
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

May's Kitchen into google maps and it'll direct you from where you are.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Thanks guys - why didn’t I think of that!! It’s 28 Km’s from where I live so will have to be a planned journey when I’m feeling hungry.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Sorry, Sateeb,

I must have been typing my post while you were submitting it.

However, 'great minds think alike!!'
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

However, 'great minds think alike!!'
It's a burden we carry :naughty: :naughty: :cheers:

― George Carlin