Great series INDIAN OCEAN with Simon Reeve

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Great series INDIAN OCEAN with Simon Reeve

Post by Siani »

INDIAN OCEAN with Simon Reeve

(such a nice person IMO :) )

MAJOR NEW BBC TV ADVENTURE TRAVEL SERIES - 6 x 1 hours
TRANSMISSION: FROM 22nd APRIL 2012 on BBC2

~you may have missed one, but it could be possible to download it maybe. I think the next one is Sunday UK time 8-9 pm. It is also available free on iplayer. On Demand Series 1 - 1. South Africa to ZanzibarBBC iPlayer FREE to view

This is a really good series. It's about pirates, politics and paradise on a journey of extremes
to Mogadishu and the Maldives…

In his most exotic and extreme adventure yet, Simon Reeve travels around the edge of the beautiful Indian Ocean in this forthcoming, epic new 6 x 1hr BBC2 TV series.

Starting his journey in South Africa, Simon travels around the coast of the Indian Ocean, heading up the east coast of Africa, around India and back down the western coast of Indonesia to SW Australia. The extraordinary adventure takes Simon to 16 countries, as he braves the horrors of frontline conflict in Mogadishu in Somalia, perhaps the most dangerous place on the planet, and visits the beautiful Maldives, Mauritius and the Seychelles.

On his journey Simon travels by boat, car, train and plane. He encounters pirates, dives with sharks, patrols with Dutch Special Forces, goes underwater spear-fishing, dines in an underwater restaurant, stumbles into a seedy drug-den, visits a 5-star seaside palace housing thousands of refugees, meets a Yorkshireman on his Seychelles island paradise, and has close encounters with the amazing wildlife of the Indian Ocean, including lemurs, penguins, dolphins, elephants and manta rays.
Throughout the epic journey, Simon travels with his trademark enthusiasm, humour and curiosity, exploring parts of the world few other outsiders get to see. The Indian Ocean BBC film-crew who accompanied him have captured stunning images around the ocean from land, sea and air.
More info:
At more than 6,000 miles wide, the Indian Ocean is the third largest on the planet. Vast quantities of oil and half of all global container traffic passes through it, making it strategically vital for the major world powers. At a time when our seas face extraordinary environmental threats and challenges, Simon’s new journey is a riveting travelogue that blends in history, adventure, current affairs, culture, wildlife, conservation, and offers unique insights into life on, in and around the glorious INDIAN OCEAN.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ds-newsxml

The last series he taught us on how endangered sharks are at the moment. The locals are fishing them just for their fins, to send to china for soup. Apparently the sea will die without them. I am going to post another topic on this. Forum members please do not eat Sharks fin soup! :twisted:
Last edited by Siani on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buksida

Re: Great series INDIAN OCEAN with Simon Reeve

Post by buksida »

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely look out for this one!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

excellent series available on UKnova
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Siani wrote: The last series he taught us on how endangered sharks are at the moment. The locals are fishing them just for their fins, to send to china for soup. Apparently the sea will die without them. I am going to post another topic on this. Forum members please do not eat Sharks fin soup! :twisted:
Shark fin along with powdered tiger bones, elephant tusk ivory, bear's gall bladders and many more. They have no regard for or sense of world responsibility which is just a small hint about how they'll behave as their world presence and power grows. The only animal they care about is their national symbol, the panda. Perhaps we should skin one and make a rug, and broadcast it on YouTube to give them a taste of their own medicine. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Well, I am very shocked.. once again, really dismayed and sickened. I watched the wonderful programme made by Simon Reeve in the great series "Indian Ocean". Something must be done to save the environment. This paradise area of the Indian ocean is just heaven on earth. Right next to it is something far more sinister :cuss: What people (some) are not aware is how they are "stuffing up" small islands close by dumping waste. Please take time to view the YouTube video, it will shock you. It is not long before the ocean is totally polluted. There are parts of the sea which is now "dead". :banghead: :banghead:

GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Horrifying that Siani...

Unfortunately nothing us mere mortals can or will ever be able to do - some of us have to try and eek out a living.

The world is dying a slow and painful death - A brutal truth.

The rich and powerful are the only ones that could offer any change - a sad truth.

No point thinking about it. :(
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

GLCQuantum wrote:Horrifying that Siani...

Unfortunately nothing us mere mortals can or will ever be able to do - some of us have to try and eek out a living.

The world is dying a slow and painful death - A brutal truth.

The rich and powerful are the only ones that could offer any change - a sad truth.

No point thinking about it. :(
I think we do have to think about it GLCQ..it is not too late....really it is not. We need to educate countries, schools, you name it...I feel frustrated when I see this happening..I could cry :cry: Thailand ...they do not care either about the environment either, plastic, dirty beaches, I could go on :?
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

I understand your sentiments I do...It would take one if these things to make anything happen.

1. A mass gathering of the concerned - I'm talking in the hundreds of thousands.

2. A powerful influential figure to actually give a shit.

A truly sorry state of affairs. If someone could offer me food and shelter to allow me to quit working and help in anyway I would - aint gonna happen though.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

GLCQuantum wrote:I understand your sentiments I do...It would take one if these things to make anything happen.

1. A mass gathering of the concerned - I'm talking in the hundreds of thousands.

2. A powerful influential figure to actually give a shit.

A truly sorry state of affairs. If someone could offer me food and shelter to allow me to quit working and help in anyway I would - aint gonna happen though.
Well, maybe Greenpeace...I am saying this off the cuff :? I am going to have a think :) I think to start with....we can allsay "NO" to plastic supermarket bags :idea:
buksida

Post by buksida »

It is shocking, similar things go on closer to home however not on that scale.

Do you have a download link for the series, no seeders on KAT and Veehd search function throws up nothing?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

It is available on uknova.com It is on a Sunday night.
buksida

Post by buksida »

moja wrote:It is available on uknova.com It is on a Sunday night.
Is this one you have to register for an upload to first? Any other sources?
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Yes you do have to register but it is free!
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Also available on isohunt.com when seraching you need to put in Simon Reeve Indian Ocean. All episodes are available I just checked.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Found it on TPB but they are MKV format which my machine objects to - hohum, na'er mind, looked like a good series anyway, maybe someone will release a decent rip of it soon.