Documentaries

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
pharvey

Re: Documentaries

Post by pharvey »

sateeb wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:47 pm Found this little gem on You Tube. A must see for Gooners and Mancs. The Fergie/Weger feud. Spoiler alert..Fergie aced it :laugh: :laugh:

I get the message "Video Unavailable - Blocked in Your Country"..... Considering it's by Ch 5 and I'm in the UK, WTF??!! :banghead:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Apologies if mentioned previously... Have just been catching up on a few recordings - "South Pacific", absolutely superb so far.

:cheers: :cheers:
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

I have some invites for theempire.click available to anybody who knows how to maintain a good ratio.
PM if you are interested.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Only just started watching, but really enjoying this so far - "Back in Time for The Corner Shop"..... Yes, it's British!! :roll: :wink:

Basically, covering several decades (starting in the Victorian Era) through to '40's, 50's, 60's and so on - with each episode, the shop, features, contents, lifestyle etc. changes. Personally, I find it a bit of fun and an interesting (an educational) look back into history...

"The Ardern family embark on an extraordinary time-travelling adventure - going back in time to run that great British institution, the corner shop."

BBC iPlayer and the usual suspects to download - really worth a watch.

On a side note - "Rationing" then, compared to people bitching now about the hardships (during Coronavirus) of what's not available in their local Tesco's, Sainsbury's et. al.!

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ My god, the '70's episode brought back some memories..... '80's will no doubt do the same!!

sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Sounds good. I had a girlfriend in the 70's who lived in a newsagent cum corner shop. Lot of happy mammaries err memories. :laugh:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

pharvey wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:33 am Only just started watching, but really enjoying this so far - "Back in Time for The Corner Shop"..... Yes, it's British!! :roll: :wink:

Basically, covering several decades (starting in the Victorian Era) through to '40's, 50's, 60's and so on - with each episode, the shop, features, contents, lifestyle etc. changes. Personally, I find it a bit of fun and an interesting (an educational) look back into history...

"The Ardern family embark on an extraordinary time-travelling adventure - going back in time to run that great British institution, the corner shop."

BBC iPlayer and the usual suspects to download - really worth a watch.

On a side note - "Rationing" then, compared to people bitching now about the hardships (during Coronavirus) of what's not available in their local Tesco's, Sainsbury's et. al.!

The only episode I can find on Piratebay or Limetorrents is Episode 3. Any other sources? :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

sateeb wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:21 am The only episode I can find on Piratebay or Limetorrents is Episode 3. Any other sources? :cheers:
Apologies - shouldn't have made the comment re: "usual suspects" - it was just an assumption. I've been watching on BBC iPlayer. Not sure if I can actually download and save as a separate file somehow to share?

For some reason, I can't now even connect to Piratebay - what link are you using?

sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

https://thepiratebay10.org/

Funnily enough I had a mate telling me he couldn't link. The above link works for me and i'm not using a VPN

― George Carlin
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I downloaded a movie only yesterday. I mostly get movies from YTS but they didn't have it.

The link I use:

https://thepirate-bay.org/home18/
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

sateeb wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:25 pm https://thepiratebay10.org/

Funnily enough I had a mate telling me he couldn't link. The above link works for me and i'm not using a VPN
Thanks sateeb - I actually managed to connect through an Australian VPN (bizarre) :shock:

As you, could only find episode 3. Discovered how to save iPlayer files in order to share, but after checking on BBC iPlayer, I was stopped from downloading - can only view online through the app. Can you access iPlayer through a VPN?

Seems the best bet at this point, but perhaps available once the series is completed - 1 episode to go.

sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Cheers mate but i'm not techie enough with VPN's and all that stuff. I got Ep 3 and probably would want Ep 4 as more my era so will wait and see. :cheers:

― George Carlin
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

This series has certainly brought back some memories through the '70's and 80's, the small corner shops, the food available, the fashions, music, VHS/Betamax Video Recorders/Players..... and who could forget the Sinclair ZX Spectrum!!

The Death Knell for the corner shop...... Tesco!

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^80s-90s tonight on BBC2 6pm UK time.
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Just started watching "AROUND THE WORLD BY TRAIN WITH TONY ROBINSON" Season 2 - Really do enjoy this series. Have to say, I'd love to do some of these journeys..... if only I could afford to do so!!

Tonight's episode: -
Rail.jpg
(209.33 KiB) Downloaded 5139 times

"The actor and comedian continues on his epic rail journey, pacifying wanderlust for those of us stuck in lockdown. This week, he travels through South America, from Buenos Aires to the Incan citadel of Machu Picchu. Highlights come on the ultra-luxurious Andean Explorer to Peru, complete with its own piano bar and fine dining suite. Plus there is an altogether more rustic detour to an alligator-infested part of the Amazon."