The Rugby Thread

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

Re: The Rugby Thread

Post by PeteC »

phpSiD178AM.jpg
phpSiD178AM.jpg (30.34 KiB) Viewed 409 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ The same as in past years. The good matches and the power is going to be between the NZ teams, with the Brumbies and Reds as wild cards.
I'm really happy though to see the Pacific Island teams improving and much more competitive. . They are getting there. :cheers:

Pharvey tell the LHG I watched 6 matches in the last 24 hours, with 6 Nations tomorrow. I don't know if she can throw shoes this far? :shock: :laugh:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

PeteC wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:16 pm ^ The same as in past years. The good matches and the power is going to be between the NZ teams, with the Brumbies and Reds as wild cards.
I'm really happy though to see the Pacific Island teams improving and much more competitive. . They are getting there. :cheers:

Pharvey tell the LHG I watched 6 matches in the last 24 hours, with 6 Nations tomorrow. I don't know if she can throw shoes this far? :shock: :laugh:
Chiefs vs Crusaders sounds like a cracking match.. I wished I'd tried to watch rather than suffering the drubbing Wales U20s suffered last night. :roll:

Zero escape when I don't follow the LHG's rules - she can certainly throw her voice a fair few miles and has ways and means of tracking me down if I try to sneak off!! :D :wink: That said, she's out walking today (probably to strengthen leg muscles before kicking my @rse) but has seeming relented to me watching all the 6 Nations matches even after watching rugby last night! :thumb:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^ Romance is not dead... :laugh: :laugh: :cheers:

I've just watched the tiny, elderly Irish president being introduced to the teams - hilarious!!
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:09 pm ^^ Romance is not dead... :laugh: :laugh: :cheers:

I've just watched the tiny, elderly Irish president being introduced to the teams - hilarious!!
Of course it's not (check up on me later)!! And he was the Ball Boy you English Muppet!! :D :neener: :duck:

As for Ireland vs Wales.... The LHG returned home towards the end of the match and apparently I need to calm down (I'm even typing quietly whilst holding my breath) :roll: :tsk:

Well, the win for Ireland wasn't in doubt, the Ref was not bad IMHO, but missed some. TBH, Ireland are very "professional" shall we say, much like NZ then and now and will get the rub of the green and 50/50 decisions will go their way. Many professional fouls/offsides either going unpunished and several others should have been punished more harshly (the Ref not to blame - the rules are). This clearly shown in the final 6 or 10 minutes where Ireland gave away 6 (or was it 7) penalties (given as advantage) in a +/- 2 minute spell :shock: !! Yes, there was a Yellow card given, but Jesus!! Honestly, I've lost a fair bit of respect there.... :roll: :(

Wales certainly don't have the strength in depth or Regional strength that Ireland (or others) have, but this is down to the WRU and Regional bickering shooting ourselves in the foot.

Of course Ireland deserved their win, but Wales were stuffed in the Tight before changes were made, still pretty clueless at 9 & 10 and gave away silly penalties (more than against Scotland and England combined in the first half hour alone) - when we're on less than 30% possession, you certainly don't want to give it away needlessly!!

There are positives, but dear God we need a fair few more!!

It does have to be said, I'm very fecking bitter over Ireland's Bonus Point Try scored in the 80th odd minute after their previous "bending of the rules" shall we say....

COME ON THE SWEATIES!!!!! Sorry DM... :duck:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Trying to earn Brownie Points with the LHG, so a short post - But....

The Sweaties did it - albeit with a South African scoring a Hatrick for Scotland and a Welshman (no-longer) scoring a try for the Lillywhites only moments after being brought on.

THE RESULT though has to go to France vs Italy... 13 vs 13 FFS - and Italy were robbed!! Expect new staff in France - they don't take kindly when they aren't winning!! :neener:

Hat's off to Italy - well played (even if it means Wales "may" take the Wooden Spoon)!

:cheers: :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Can I just add - I'm not a member of X, Facebook, Twater, FlumillumPhoto.... Or elsewhere: -

But you have to admit - it was a well taken try :thumb:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

All that I can see is a white box with a bit of Thai text inside :?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:07 am All that I can see is a white box with a bit of Thai text inside :?
It's a video link on "X" - I took it from https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... n-28700372

I've not had problems previously posting such links - does the Wales Online one work?

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Not available in Thailand. I had to switch the VPN on.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:58 am Can I just add - I'm not a member of X, Facebook, Twater, FlumillumPhoto.... Or elsewhere: -

But you have to admit - it was a well taken try :thumb:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :bow: :bow: :bow:
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

HHF-6N-R3.png
HHF-6N-R3.png (141.43 KiB) Viewed 285 times
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Super Rugby Pacific Program RD#2 = March 1 -3rd

https://www.flipsnack.com/tahs2015/srp2 ... IXHN,133,1

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Masses of rugby on again this weekend, but hell – there’s Boxing, Wendyball and F1 as well…… Dare I mention “Mothers Day” for those of us lucky enough to be able to still celebrate with dear old Mam?!!

Thankfully, I will be celebrating with Mam and hopefully the results going our way – to the RUGBY!!

Top priority for me of course is the 6 Nations…. And Wales (Seniors) still looking for their first win – The Under 20’s have gone one better in beating Scotland, but hell France U20s are World Champions and certainly not a one man team..... :wink:

6N Senior Sides: -
6N-R4-SCH.png
6N-R4-SCH.png (55.59 KiB) Viewed 229 times

Wales have made some shock selections for the match against France – our Captain moving from the Second-Row to No.6 when he isn’t IMHO a Backrow player at this level. Gatland is going for height at the Lineout and more scrummaging power, unfortunately we need a lot more of the latter and the Number 6 selection could come to bite us on the arse as could Elias being selected at Hooker in the starting XV. A great scrummager, but his lineout is questionable.
North has dropped out entirely which is a mistake in my book – he should have moved to the Wing in place of Adams if Gatland wanted to try a new Center partnership (France could well kill us here).

England vs Ireland – Bob hope and no hope for the Lillywhites I’m not sorry to say :wink: :duck: . Ireland are in a different league – including the number of foreign players they have in their squad. Sorry, but I simply don’t agree with it (and yes, Wales have benefited in the past) – separate argument though.

Italy vs Scotland could be very interesting. Italy will be mightily pissed off that they missed out against France and remain winless. Scotland will be revelling in their win over the Lillywhites, pissed off with their loss against France and will likely be too powerful for Italy – I hope I’m wrong even if it consigns Wales to the Wooden Spoon. Italy deserve more this season.

Six Nations U20s
U20s-R4.png
U20s-R4.png (61.44 KiB) Viewed 229 times
THE match is obviously England vs Ireland. The Paddies going for a 3rd consecutive Grand Slam, and who can stop them? Well “England”, but I’m amazed at the number of “Qualifying” players involved in the “Lillywhite Jnr” side. The size of the pack is frightening quite frankly and several of these guys are going to be stars of the future – of course maybe not for England with the laws as they stand ^*&&^

Wales vs France – Bob hope for Wales I’m vey sorry to say, but it’s great to see Morgan Morris back – a star for the future (and a loyal Welshman to boot!). Our backline has promise, but the tight 5 simply can’t win the ball…… Not looking good for the future :cry:

Italy vs Scotland – Unlike the seniors, Scotland don’t have the “Foreign Imports” at this level… They’ll go down against Italy I feel....

Super Rugby Pacific

Of course, there’s also the Super Rugby Pacific ……. – PeteC can no doubt give more perspective on this, but here’s the fixtures and link to the programme for Round 3: -
SRP-R3.png
SRP-R3.png (46.23 KiB) Viewed 229 times

https://www.flipsnack.com/tahs2015/srp2 ... IXHN,1B0,1

ALL TIMES ABOVE ARE UK
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Complete sports overload tonight! :shock: F1 going on the same time as Ireland/England and a variety of Premier League games, plus recovering from the Italy/Scotland upset. I have a headache and need sleep badly. :laugh: