Airport VIP Bus to and from Hua Hin

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Airport VIP Bus to and from Hua Hin

Post by sateeb »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:34 pm I’m sure most people wouldn’t be stupid enough to allow just the minimum 3 hours, although if you are fortunate to make it in that time, you’ll have a long wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Been in town recently? :naughty: :laugh: :duck:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Whenever I have a flight to catch, I would always spend the last night in Bkk.
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:18 pm Worst scenario or not, if the company are stating 5 hours, and you leave allowing less time and miss your flight you are going to look pretty stupid.

I'd presume under such circumstances, any travel insurance claim would be void.
The longest journey I have personally experienced was just shy of 5 hours heading into Bkk. Can't recall anyone on the bus seeming stressed. It's just a sensible guide by the bus company protecting themselves. I think those of us that regularly use the bus know it is a worst case scenario.
Talk is cheap
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Yes, I think the longest journey I've had was also about five hours but that was one of those days at the end of a Thai holiday period when everyone is trying to get back to Bangkok.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The last 2-3 times I have taken this trip it has taken four hours. That stretch of Rama 2 road from Samut Sakon into the city that has been under construction for the past 30 years remains diabolical! Good to see more than three busses per day, will be needing it again in a couple of months.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
huahinjim
Professional
Professional

Post by huahinjim »

Used the 10am bus into airport yesterday Friday and returned today on 1309 bus. Both journeys about 3.5 hours including slow crawl past all the construction work.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm just thinking now the bus service is stating you have to allow 5 hours for the journey, there might be an opportunity to resume a couple of domestic flights. I used the service before, and the 30 minute flight sounds quite attractive as opposed to 5 hours.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:21 pm I'm just thinking now the bus service is stating you have to allow 5 hours for the journey, there might be an opportunity to resume a couple of domestic flights. I used the service before, and the 30 minute flight sounds quite attractive as opposed to 5 hours.
I remember when they had a service before but it was so infrequent that it never connected even vaguely with any flight I was booked on so you achieved nothing.
The bus normally takes 3-4 hours and a taxi isn't really that much quicker so it's still a pretty good option.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:21 pm I'm just thinking now the bus service is stating you have to allow 5 hours for the journey, there might be an opportunity to resume a couple of domestic flights. I used the service before, and the 30 minute flight sounds quite attractive as opposed to 5 hours.
But there aren't any and so far not likely to have soon.
Therefore the bus is still the best option
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I won't disagree it is a good option, but not always the best. It all depends upon flight times, and traveller availability. It was totally unsuitable for my son's recent trip.

As buksida rightly points out, it is not helped by the perpetual Samut Sakhon road improvements.

Points 48; Position 20
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Yes of course it all depends on flight times.
Better have the contact of a reliable taxi driver too as an option.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

It took about 3hrs 15min this morning.
Teabone

Post by Teabone »

Hi ... I just tried to get into the Bell Travel Service website to book a trip from HH to Swampy at the end of this week - all links are down and no joy getting a ticket. Does anyone know if there is a problem I am not aware of?
I used the service about 3 months ago and all was good, but very few people were either going up or coming down from BKK. I hope it is still operating!
Your a long time dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Looks like an IT problem. I can't get in either.

Error.png
Error.png (16.9 KiB) Viewed 1533 times

Points 48; Position 20
Teabone

Post by Teabone »

Thanks for your reply BB ... I have now gone via another website and booked a ticket - 12Go - and although I am a little wary of anything new and techno, got myself a ticket. All seems good so far and the eticket arrived a few moments ago.
So if this is the 'new' way to do things, then here is a link directly to the HH - Swampy route -
https://12go.asia/en/travel/hua-hin/suv ... on=forward
Hope it helps if needed.
Your a long time dead!