'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Visa Extension / Renewal

Post by HHTel »

11:00 am to 5 pm
bigston
Professional
Professional

Post by bigston »

2023-05-18.jpg
2023-05-18.jpg (41.26 KiB) Viewed 1753 times
I think thats the Bluport hours
This One
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

bigston wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:24 pm 2023-05-18.jpgI think thats the Bluport hours
This One
As far as I'm aware yes, that one (the main office) opens at 8:30 am.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Visa Extension / Renewal Opening Times

Post by HHTel »

My apologies. I was looking at the Bluport site.
The main office site doesn't give times but I'm sure many people know. GHW is probably correct.
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Re: 'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Post by LolaBeltran »

Up for retirement visa renewal. Need to know the colour of the photo background being accepted at the new Cha Am Immigration office. I am getting conflicting info on this. Had new photos taken yesterday with a white background which the guy at Market Village photo swore were what I needed. Last year I see that it was a blue background and in my collection of photos from previous applications I have apparently submitted white AND blue. I dont see this referred to in lists of what to do. So my dilemma: try to use last year's photo with blue, use the new one with white, go back to photo guy, complain and get new ones with blue. Help!
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

LolaBeltran wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:30 pm Up for retirement visa renewal. Need to know the colour of the photo background being accepted at the new Cha Am Immigration office. I am getting conflicting info on this. Had new photos taken yesterday with a white background which the guy at Market Village photo swore were what I needed. Last year I see that it was a blue background and in my collection of photos from previous applications I have apparently submitted white AND blue. I dont see this referred to in lists of what to do. So my dilemma: try to use last year's photo with blue, use the new one with white, go back to photo guy, complain and get new ones with blue. Help!
Take both and they will choose :wink: :D
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

True. Good idea. Thanks But I generally like to have everything ready to hand over.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

LolaBeltran wrote:Up for retirement visa renewal. Need to know the colour of the photo background being accepted at the new Cha Am Immigration office. I am getting conflicting info on this. Had new photos taken yesterday with a white background which the guy at Market Village photo swore were what I needed. Last year I see that it was a blue background and in my collection of photos from previous applications I have apparently submitted white AND blue. I dont see this referred to in lists of what to do. So my dilemma: try to use last year's photo with blue, use the new one with white, go back to photo guy, complain and get new ones with blue. Help!
I did this 2 weeks ago. White background from Big Camera in MV. No issues.

YNWA

YNWA
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

So I will go with white background and bring blue background along in case. Thanks

Two additional questions:
1. Is the Doctor signed Medical report needed?
2. I dont have an arrival/departure card. Seems like I heard a while ago that it had been discontinued, but it is still referenced on the TW 7 form. Just leave it blank i assume
kwajdiver
Amateur
Amateur

Post by kwajdiver »

I renewed my retirement extension in June at the new Cha Am office.
My picture had a white background.
I did not need any type of medical certificate.
No arrival/departure card was needed.

You can read what I submitted here.
'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc - Page 49 - Hua Hin Forum
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

Thanks kwajdiver! I not only read it . . .I printed it out. I am ticking of the items you listed and also referring to my previous applications. Many thanks for the update. It really helps to know what if anything has changed in the past year. I expect to go in this Wednesday.
bajm

Post by bajm »

Today I went to the Hua Hin immigration office for my yearly extension.
For " evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month " , I always take a letter from the Dutch embassy which states my monthly pension.
In the previous years, this letter was always accepted as sufficient evidence.
This year the officer also requested printed copies of my Dutch bank statements, which shows that the pension is transferred.
I have checked the immigration website before I made the trip to Hua Hin to make sure that there were no new requirements, since I live in Ban Krut and visiting Hua Hin immigration is a 2.5 hour journey by car.
Fortunately the immigration officer showed some sympathy, because this new requirement, would mean another trip to Hua Hin for me and was willing to accept a screenshot from my Dutch banking app for this time only.
And my retirement visa has been extended for another year. :D :D

Google showed me that other people in Thailand recently had a similar experience and the Bangkok Post has an article about it: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -the-gangs
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

bajm wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:27 pm This year the officer also requested printed copies of my Dutch bank statements, which shows that the pension is transferred.
It's been the case for a while now that you have to demonstrate income into Thailand, hence, 12 months proof of credit transfers, backed by a letter from your bank and 12 months worth of Thai bank statements.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I thought if your Embassy still provided confirmation of pension, the Credit Advice's were not required i.e. the Credit Advice method was introduced for persons whose Embassies would no longer provide the pension letter.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:14 am I thought if your Embassy still provided confirmation of pension, the Credit Advice's were not required i.e. the Credit Advice method was introduced for persons whose Embassies would no longer provide the pension letter.
You are right BB. I use this method but new for me this year was that the Imm. Officer also wanted a copy of the native document(s) used for obtaining the letter from my Embassy. This is a first for me since previously they only needed the letter from the Embassy. Always small changes every year. :shock: :? :cry:
YNWA