Hua Hin Restaurant News

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Re: Hua Hin Restaurant News

Post by barrys »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:22 pm Fake news - Kanchana Cafe is still open. Very sorry guys :oops:
Today, their FB page shows the message you posted a couple of days ago, i.e. they're closed until further notice as of today.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

For those of us who remember the Chinese restaurant on Soi 94 run by the English guy (Gary?). I did mourn its demise as I thought the crispy aromatic duck with Hoi Sin sauce and pancakes was second to none, also the beef curry was comparable to any I had in the UK( yes I know it,s not authentic Chinese).

I'm happy to report that he is now operating as Happy Chinese UK Takeaway. Search on FB will give you all relevant details. ( I have no vested interest in this establishment) :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Sad to See Ian’s and New Roma are Closing

Post by Jack_Batty »

Both are closing at the end of this month. Ian states that the rear of the restaurant is being demolished for the new train tracks, and he doesn’t have it in him to rebuild somewhere else. He is going back the UK. New Roma is closing, as the owner states, the COVID situation and ensuing recovery are too much. He did cite several nice deals for meals and wine through the end of the month. 30% off your bill and 40% off bottles of wine. I’m going to definitely patronize both establishments before they shutter forever.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

New Roma is a big loss.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

europtimiste wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:09 pm New Roma is a big loss.
So is Ian's restaurant!
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

I unfortunately understand the reason for business closures, but why is everyone returning to UK?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Aussie69 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:07 pm I unfortunately understand the reason for business closures, but why is everyone returning to UK?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I assume they’ve decided that their business is no longer financially viable and it that’s their only source of income they’ve decided to head home - if that happens to be the UK, where else would you expect them to go?
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Aussie69 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:07 pm I unfortunately understand the reason for business closures, but why is everyone returning to UK?
Ian specifically stated on his Facebook post that he hasn't the desire to restart again here and the move back is for family reasons.
Talk is cheap
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

Thanks for the replies guys. What I was implying, and should have written, was would you be any better off in the UK. The economy & business isn't exactly booming there either. But as you said, it probably offers the most choice for income.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

If you haven't been to Ian's, go before his last serving Oct 31st. Great food and his Sunday roasts are fantastic!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Taco 94 Has Moved to Cha Am

Post by Jack_Batty »

I swung by yesterday after suffering a bout of nacho cravings. Sign on the door said they moved to Taco Shell in Cha Am. I don’t know if that means they took over Taco Shell, or got absorbed by them, or what.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage
Last edited by Jack_Batty on Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

A new chicken place called Pollitos Rotisserie looks ready to open in Hin Lek Fai, one kilometer west of 19th Hole/May’s Kitchen, on the main road. Looks like a chain, but I’ve never heard of them.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Hangtime Lounge will close at its current location on December 15th and reopen on the 5th of January on Soi 51, near the Hop Inn. Per the owner’s Facebook post this morning.
timuphill
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Fresh Bread and Breakfast on soi 94

Post by timuphill »

FYI Morning bread will be closed every Monday, at least for now.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Engine House Sports Bar & Restaurant at Market Village has closed permanently, as of yesterday. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk