Best Instant Coffee available in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Re: Best Instant Coffee available in Hua Hin

Post by musungu »

As the OP I have tried Moccona Royal Gold and frankly did not find that it had a strong coffee taste, more a creamy one.
So Bon Cafe here we come!
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

I went to Bon Cafe this morning and purchased their freeze dried Brazilian Gold - excellent taste, but then I much prefer Arabica coffee as against Robusta.

The location is not the easiest to find and road construction also taking place in the vacinity, however they have opened a cafe outside the new hotel on the corner of Soi 94 and Phetkasim Rd so much easier, although the boss did say that their stock was limited.
curlybaggie

Post by curlybaggie »

I was told by a "Coffee Expert" that you should let the water go off the boil for a minute or two before pouring onto instant Coffee granules, boiling water burns the granules giving the Coffee a slightly bitter taste.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

musungu wrote:I went to Bon Cafe this morning and purchased their freeze dried Brazilian Gold - excellent taste, but then I much prefer Arabica coffee as against Robusta.

The location is not the easiest to find and road construction also taking place in the vacinity, however they have opened a cafe outside the new hotel on the corner of Soi 94 and Phetkasim Rd so much easier, although the boss did say that their stock was limited.
This is a follow up to the above. After a month's tasting I, personally, do not find much difference between Boncafe and Moccona Royal Gold, and so as Boncafe is some 40% more expensive I shall go back to Moccona.
Just to put the record straight.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

When I bought my coffee machine a couple of years ago I was told by the seller to buy Bon Cafe beans but from Makro as they are cheaper than the Bon Cafe shop. I know how much they are at Makro but I have never been to the shop on Soi 94 yet. maybe the same applies to instant ?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Erik6487
Novice
Novice

Wich Coffee to buy?

Post by Erik6487 »

Hi there, becuase i am staying for a month in hua hin i wondered, what is the best Coffee to buy in the supermarket?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Why would anyone drink instant coffee? Get a small french press and a small bean grinder; then all you need is hot water to make a really good cup of coffee...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Looking for a place to buy a quality coffee machine, are there such places in Hua Hin that specialize in high end machines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Henry 14th wrote:Looking for a place to buy a quality coffee machine, are there such places in Hua Hin that specialize in high end machines?

Most of the big electrical outlets stock them, as does Makro (incl Gaggia), although you can easily pay 30,000 plus
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Coffee Coffee on Pala U Rd sell all types of machines and the owner is very knowledgeable
http://www.coffee-coffeehuahin.com/?pag ... ct&lang=en
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Henry 14th wrote:Looking for a place to buy a quality coffee machine, are there such places in Hua Hin that specialize in high end machines?

The best place for high end selection in town is hands down Bon Cafe. They specialize in professional machines and professional quality home machines (sales and service). They also sell gourmet coffee and imported beers. Bear in mind those machines are not cheap.

It's on Soi 94 on the Yamsaard school branch just around the corner east of the school a few hundred meters or west of Oy Restaurant (100 meters) turn left then next right. It would then be on the left side across from a small group of shophouses. It's in a converted villa and not too well signed.
Selection_001.png
Selection_001.png (25.46 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

hhfarang wrote:

The best place for high end selection in town is hands down Bon Cafe. They specialize in professional machines and professional quality home machines (sales and service). They also sell gourmet coffee and imported beers. Bear in mind those machines are not cheap.

It's on Soi 94 on the Yamsaard school branch just around the corner east of the school a few hundred meters or west of Oy Restaurant (100 meters) turn left then next right. It would then be on the left side across from a small group of shophouses. It's in a converted villa and not too well signed.
Selection_001.png
Thanks for that, will take a look today.

Cheers

sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

HHF wrote
The best place for high end selection in town is hands down Bon Cafe.

That's a bold statement. I've visited both Bon Cafe and Coffee Coffee several times, purchased machines and coffee from both places. Pretty much the same products on offer with considerable more savings at CC. I prefer the quality of beans at CC and again much cheaper.

It's all a matter of taste and convenience I guess but to say one place is hands down better than another is just plain wrong!!!!

Disclaimer.....I have no vested interest in either place.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

That's a bold statement. I've visited both Bon Cafe and Coffee Coffee several times, purchased machines and coffee from both places. Pretty much the same products on offer with considerable more savings at CC. I prefer the quality of beans at CC and again much cheaper.

It's all a matter of taste and convenience I guess but to say one place is hands down better than another is just plain wrong!!!!
OK, sorry, my bad. I haven't been to Coffee Coffee and was comparing Bon Cafe to the normal appliance stores. Suggest the op have a look at both places before deciding and I will also have a look at Coffee Coffee to see what they offer. :bow:

I also have no interest in Bon Cafe except that I've been a customer for the better part of 10 years when, back then, they were the only game in town if you wanted good coffee and a professional machine at home.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Likewise, when I moved here Bon Cafe was my go to place :cheers:

― George Carlin