Best Instant Coffee available in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Best Instant Coffee available in Hua Hin

Post by sateeb »

Over the years I must have spent thousands (Sterling) on these fancy all singing/dancing coffee machines searching for the perfect espresso. My latest machine spends a few days each year on maintenance so I decided to look at Lazada for a cheap back up machine.
I decided on this model

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/oggi- ... 36213.html

It comes with 3 attachments for Dolce Gusto and Nespresso capsules and 1 for ground coffee.
I also bought the stainless steel re usable capsules for Dolce Gusto and Nespresso.

I can honestly say that the machine delivers, for my tastes anyway, the perfect espresso using the Dolce Gusto or ground coffee. The Nespresso capsule cant hold enough coffee for me.

Here is the link for the Dolce Gusto capsule. ( it is shipped from China but did arrive within the specified timescale), the machine is shipped locally and arrived within a couple of days.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/va-ho ... 74576.html

You might also want to invest in a decent tamper, also available at Lazada :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

/\ 2 years on. I recently returned after a short trip to the UK, I stayed with my brother and we have always had a friendly rivalry about who has the best coffee machine. He's got a Nespresso Vertuo Plus and by God it's a damn fine machine producing the perfect espresso. Here'e how it works, from Wiki:-

the system uses "centrifusion" (a term created by Nespresso, being a portmanteau of centrifugal force and infusion), whereby it spins the capsule around in the machine at up to 7,000 rpm to blend the ground coffee and hot water. Second, each capsule has a barcode embedded on the rim, and the barcode laser scanning system reads 5 different parameters: rotational speed, temperature, infusion time, volume and flow of water.[

I couldn't find any outlets here for the Plus but Home Pro in MV sell the newer upgraded Vertuo Next.
611+gRPMylL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
(79.99 KiB) Downloaded 1486 times
Prices range from 9,500 to 11,500 depending on the model. I opted for the 11.5 model and have finally attained Espresso Nirvana :laugh:

Pods are a bit hard to come by, no outlets in HH but mail order through Nespresso Boutiques is fast and efficient. I've also ordered some reusable pods from Lazada(China), will report after I've compared the two.

IMO there is no longer any need to splash out big bucks for those bean to cup machines :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

sateeb wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:15 am /\ 2 years on. I recently returned after a short trip to the UK, I stayed with my brother and we have always had a friendly rivalry about who has the best coffee machine. He's got a Nespresso Vertuo Plus and by God it's a damn fine machine producing the perfect espresso. Here'e how it works, from Wiki:-

the system uses "centrifusion" (a term created by Nespresso, being a portmanteau of centrifugal force and infusion), whereby it spins the capsule around in the machine at up to 7,000 rpm to blend the ground coffee and hot water. Second, each capsule has a barcode embedded on the rim, and the barcode laser scanning system reads 5 different parameters: rotational speed, temperature, infusion time, volume and flow of water.[

I couldn't find any outlets here for the Plus but Home Pro in MV sell the newer upgraded Vertuo Next.

Prices range from 9,500 to 11,500 depending on the model. I opted for the 11.5 model and have finally attained Espresso Nirvana :laugh:

Pods are a bit hard to come by, no outlets in HH but mail order through Nespresso Boutiques is fast and efficient. I've also ordered some reusable pods from Lazada(China), will report after I've compared the two.

IMO there is no longer any need to splash out big bucks for those bean to cup machines :cheers:
The only comment I would make is regarding the capsules - they look as though they would be considerably more expensive than buying bags of beans, so over a long time, the cost saving could well be eroded?
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:27 am
sateeb wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:15 am /\ 2 years on. I recently returned after a short trip to the UK, I stayed with my brother and we have always had a friendly rivalry about who has the best coffee machine. He's got a Nespresso Vertuo Plus and by God it's a damn fine machine producing the perfect espresso. Here'e how it works, from Wiki:-

The only comment I would make is regarding the capsules - they look as though they would be considerably more expensive than buying bags of beans, so over a long time, the cost saving could well be eroded?
Which is exactly why I ordered the reusable capsules :cheers:

― George Carlin
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

What do people consider is the best available in Hua HIn or from Lazada.

I refer to INSTANT only and with 100% Arabica beans.

Thank you
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

I like Tchibo Gold instant coffee, but I believe they use Robusta instead of Aribica. Not a coffee fanatic, but just need a bit of a jolt to get me going in the mornings. Better than Nescafe Gold and Moccona imo.
วินเชนท์
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

VincentD wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:45 am I like Tchibo Gold instant coffee, but I believe they use Robusta instead of Aribica. Not a coffee fanatic, but just need a bit of a jolt to get me going in the mornings. Better than Nescafe Gold and Moccona imo.
Robusta is a little bitter whilst Arabica is more smooth to my taste, BUT I am no fanatic either being a mainly strong tasting tea drinker.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

The other half has taken to drinking her morning coffee without sugar and finds this brand palatable. She now avoids Nescafe, finds it too bitter. Tchibo is from Germany. I get mine from the 7-11, though have also seen it at the larger Lotus branches.
วินเชนท์
buksida

Post by buksida »

Everyone's coffee tastes are different, and I'm no aficionado so can't be arsed messing around with machines, but this one gets me going in the mornings. I use a little Pure Via (Stevia) in it to replace the sugar and a nip of Sangsom at the weekends.

noble.jpg
noble.jpg (68.47 KiB) Viewed 1624 times

Not a fan of Nescafe.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I must admit that I never drink instant coffee these days, however when I was working I used to drink 3 or 4 cups a day and I found Nescafé Gold to my liking with a spoonful of coffee mate as well as milk (but no sugar) and it took away the bitterness. What I did notice was a distinct difference in taste between a freshly opened jar, to one that was a few weeks old, so I’d recommend buying smaller jars rather than large ones, even though it may work out a bit more expensive.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

buksida wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:42 am Everyone's coffee tastes are different, and I'm no aficionado so can't be arsed messing around with machines, but this one gets me going in the mornings. I use a little Pure Via (Stevia) in it to replace the sugar and a nip of Sangsom at the weekends.

noble.jpg

Not a fan of Nescafe.
Buksi I think I would like to try Nobel Cafe. It comes from S.America so it should be Arabica beans.

Is it availabe in Hua HIn please?
buksida

Post by buksida »

No idea, I buy it locally (in Bangsaphan), so it should be.

You can get it online if not: https://www.lazada.co.th/tag/noble-coff ... e%20coffee
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

buksida wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:39 pm No idea, I buy it locally (in Bangsaphan), so it should be.

You can get it online if not: https://www.lazada.co.th/tag/noble-coff ... e%20coffee
Thank you very much.
I have purchased 2 jars (100gm) of Noble(Brazil) at 144bht each and total shipping to HH was38bht and expected in 2/3 days through Lazada
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

buksida wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:42 am Everyone's coffee tastes are different, and I'm no aficionado so can't be arsed messing around with machines, but this one gets me going in the mornings.
My bean to cup coffee machine is currently out of action so having to drink instant and it's a lot more arsing about every time I want a coffee then pressing a button on the machine and doesn't smell as good. :cheers: :cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Hmmm ... pouring hot water into a cup with instant in it as opposed to shelling out thousands for a machine, cleaning it, messing with filters, refills, beans, powder, etc. (You got me on the aroma though!)

Each to their own, as said I'm no coffee snob and only have one in the mornings. Glad you found the Noble PET (don't forget the weekend nip of rum (any day if you're retired) - makes all the difference!).