Bombing in Cha-Am

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Bombing in Cha-Am

Post by Frank Hovis »

I've just seen on the news that a bomb was exploded on the railway line in Cha-Am just at the fly-over (near the Toyota garage).

Apparently a north bound train had passed that point just minutes earlier.

Found a report in the Bangkok Post : http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politic ... bomb-blast
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Bombing in Cha-Am

Post by usual suspect »

So that's 3 bombs aimed (directly or indirectly) at PDRC supporters within 24hrs..Things could start to get messy as we approach Feb 2nd.
But in the case of these 3 incidents no one will claim responsibility, IMO the Reds WANT the Yellows to kick-off, retaliate & make problems, then maybe, just maybe come voting-day the Reds will be seen as the more stable party..
..just a thought.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Bomb on the railway at Cha Am

Post by Gus »

Someone tried to blow the railway line up near to Cha Am, fortunately no injuries, trains were stopped at Hua Hin and other stations whilst the track was repaired.
You should be able to find more details on bangkokpost and other online sites.
I was going to come on the train from Hualamphong on the 29th, but with all the road blockages in Bangkok I will probably now come direct from Suvarnabhumi by taxi.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

But in the case of these 3 incidents no one will claim responsibility, IMO the Reds WANT the Yellows to kick-off, retaliate & make problems, then maybe, just maybe come voting-day the Reds will be seen as the more stable party.
The "Reds" aren't a unified force as such and I think that some groups, particularly those from the areas nearer to the capital, don't agree with the stand-off approach that the government is taking to the shutdown protest and might have decided to take things into their own hands.
These bomb attacks don't benefit the government as the number of protesters were falling already and they don't want any excuse for the military to come in.
Also there are other parties who might want to precipitate a coup for their own purposes and others again who might have reasons for wanting to discourage the protests, perhaps groups who are being financially harmed by it such as minivan operators, some of whom are the sort of people you should avoid upsetting!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Re: Bomb on the railway at Cha Am

Post by Frank La Rue »

Gus wrote:Someone tried to blow the railway line up near to Cha Am, fortunately no injuries, trains were stopped at Hua Hin and other stations whilst the track was repaired.
You should be able to find more details on bangkokpost and other online sites.
I was going to come on the train from Hualamphong on the 29th, but with all the road blockages in Bangkok I will probably now come direct from Suvarnabhumi by taxi.

Wife and family is feverently in favor of Sutip and family is part taking in the demonstrations, they are in Skype and Line daily for hours to discuss the developments, they are pussled by the reported bomb in Cha Am, as the theatre of operation is BKK for obvious reasons, government offices are there and the number of people affected by the protests are such that it makes a difference, whether you agree or not. Bomb in Cha Am as a political statement - for what?
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

See 1st post - a Bkk bound train had just passed. Suthep is from Suret Thani, I haven't read the report, but it would appear it was believed to be an attack on protesters from the south heading to Bkk.

I don't know why they bothered, there's an even chance the train will derail in any case!
Talk is cheap
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

caller wrote:See 1st post - a Bkk bound train had just passed. Suthep is from Suret Thani, I haven't read the report, but it would appear it was believed to be an attack on protesters from the south heading to Bkk.

I don't know why they bothered, there's an even chance the train will derail in any case!
The logistical reasoning makes complete sense, but I thought the adversaries are North East, i.e. Issan.
For southerners to bomb demonstrators on their way to BKK would be a little bit like Poles to bomb Russian troops on their way to take Berlin?

(Maybe my analogy is a littel bit antiquated or out of line here - but someting like that)
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I doubt it was Sutheps supporters who planted the bomb!

The 'adversaries' are not just from the NE. The Thaksin power base is Chang Mai.
Talk is cheap
JayTee
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Bomb on the railway at Cha Am

Post by JayTee »

Frank La Rue wrote:
Gus wrote:.... the protests are such that it makes a difference, whether you agree or not. Bomb in Cha Am as a political statement - for what?
May well be a statement of sorts, being in the vicinity of 'those' that come to recuperate here.