The scourge of Facebook

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: The scourge of Facebook

Post by europtimiste »

handdrummer wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:47 pm Pleeeease add Asia to that Zuckerbuck ...

Why do you want to stop people from using their services? Shouldn't that be the choice of the individual?

I don't use any social media, other than this Forum, so I wouldn't be affected but I don't like censorship.
FB gives us a lot of informations, if you don't like censorship, why do you use this forum where moderators are champions of censoring.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I think you’ll find that they only censor those that deserve it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buksida

Post by buksida »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:29 pm I think you’ll find that they only censor those that deserve it!!
Indeedy, those not smart enough to know what is illegal in the country they live in will get censored so that this website can remain online. If anything, we're doing them a service to keep them out of a Thai prison. :thumb:

Edit: Here is the censorship thread btw, and I hate it also, but we all chose to live in this country: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=38047
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

You seem to be a secret Facebook fanatic as you have a retort for pretty much everything I post in this thread without adding a counterbalance as to why FB is so good or should be used by everyone. :duck:

I have never said that Facebook is good or bad or should be used by everyone. All I asked is why you want to ban Facebook and stop people from using it? Banning it would stop people from using it. Or am I wrong about that?

There are many things that I don't like but I don't want other people to be forced to give them up.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

buksida wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:36 pm
Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:29 pm I think you’ll find that they only censor those that deserve it!!
Indeedy, those not smart enough to know what is illegal in the country they live in will get censored so that this website can remain online. If anything, we're doing them a service to keep them out of a Thai prison. :thumb:

Edit: Here is the censorship thread btw, and I hate it also, but we all chose to live in this country: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=38047
I made a lot of comments and critics on FB and still not in a Thai prison.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Maybe because the world and his dog take no notice of you!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

europtimiste wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:43 pm

Are you bragging or complaining?
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

handdrummer wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:55 pm
europtimiste wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:43 pm

Are you bragging or complaining?
Exposing facts, reality.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Australia sues Facebook owner Meta over scam ads
Australia announced on Friday it is suing Facebook owner Meta over scam adverts for cryptocurrency schemes that falsely claimed to be endorsed by prominent figures.

Australia's consumer protection commission said it had started Federal Court proceedings against Meta Platforms for "false, misleading or deceptive conduct" in breach of consumer or securities laws.

It accused Meta of failing to do enough to stop scam ads for cryptocurrency or money-making schemes, even after being alerted by celebrities who had been misrepresented by similar ads published on Facebook.

Meta vowed to defend itself, saying in a statement that it sought to stop scam ads by using technology to detect and block them.

"We don't want ads seeking to scam people out of money or mislead people on Facebook -- they violate our policies and are not good for our community," a Meta spokesperson said.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/22 ... r-scam-ads
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
buksida

Post by buksida »

The Facebook whistleblower takes on the metaverse
Frances Haugen sparked outrage last year when she released thousands of documents that exposed Facebook’s failure to act when confronted with its users’ harmful behavior. Now, the former Facebook product manager says she’s worried about how those values will translate into the so-called metaverse, which the company, rebranded as Meta, hopes to have a central role in building.

"They've made very grandiose promises about how there's safety-by-design in the metaverse," Haugen told me in an interview. "But if they don't commit to transparency and access and other accountability measures, I can imagine just seeing a repeat of all the harms you currently see on Facebook."

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/di ... e-00024762
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Has Facebook shut down the translation from Thai facility again? Has gone from my account and cannot find it in settings. Am I alone or can others confirm if it is down.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

/\..got translation on my account.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Thanks, time to get technical and find out what I have done.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

/\ no problem for me neither
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My translator works fine as well. However, I've noticed previously that not all user are updated with 'improvements' at the same time. Improvements often take several weeks to roll out to everybody.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20