Leather Furniture Cleaning

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Fantom
Rookie
Rookie

Leather Furniture Cleaning

Post by Fantom »

Hi,
We have a 3 seater and a 2 seater leather settee, and my wife wants to replace them because she says
they are dirty. 1 seat has some rips in it. They were very expensive, (bought in UK), and I would like to
keep them. Does anybody know of a steam cleaner or similar, and a leather re-uphosterer, and if so, where
are they situated?

Thanks very much for any helpful suggestions.
Markwiliams
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Leather Furniture Cleaning

Post by Markwiliams »

I'm looking for the same and bumping the thread in the hope that someone can help.

cheers.
Mark
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

On the left going out of town on the Pala u rd, before Big C is an upholsterer that did my car seat for B1500. He did an excellent job, but doesn't speak English. Perhaps you could take some pictures ans a sample or cushion and see if he could do it. A sofa shoud be a doddle after doing car seats.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

In case you don't find a suitable upholsterer, I have a brand new home theatre/sofa set in indigo palorma leather for sale. By Stressless http://www.ekornes.com/us/home-theater the 4 seater set (Model Wave SC 121) including matching hocker is brand new, imported from Europe and never used and is now surplus to requirements. If interested please PM me.
Fantom
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fantom »

NOKYAI,
We've been along that road, and can't see the shop. How many metres is it before Big C ?
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

It's opposite the KTB (light blueColoured) bank
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

Re leather cleaning. Nivea face cream should do it. I would tend to avoid steam cleaning leather. Or you might be able to find that liquid leather cleaner for shoes. Nivea obviously is cheaper!
Saddle soap is another good one if you can find it.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.