Immigration to introduce 90 day reporting online

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Re: Immigration to introduce 90 day reporting online

Post by Big Boy »

Do they not give a reason for rejection? There seems no logic in the fact humans could approve you in less than 1 minute.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:31 am Do they not give a reason for rejection? There seems no logic in the fact humans could approve you in less than 1 minute.
No, and never use the word 'logic' when referring to anything in Thailand! :wink:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm just thinking how much that could worry some people who don't have years of experience of dealing with Immigration. If you received such a rejection in another country, it would probably take quite a lot to resolve the problem, and you'd most certainly be thinking deportation as a possibility.

Of course, we know in Thailand the problem is anybody with a Smart phone is a programmer. There can't be any meaningful testing, else the error rate wouldn't be so high. This thread is over 7 years old now, and it's been a case of bodge after bodge trying to make it work. The system today is 500% better than was originally delivered, but it is still little better than crap - too many rejections/errors.

It needs to be withdrawn and programmed properly. It should then be tested to destruction, correcting any faults along the way, before being relaunched as a useable system.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

I don't think it is in the government's interest to make foreigners' lives easier or more convenient, if anything it is the opposite as evidenced by all this bullshit technology that doesn't function.

The software has rejected it (taking 3 days to do so), but a person has approved it (in less than a minute) - usually, it is the other way round. TIT :shock:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

For many, this is the corporate front door to the Thai Government. It doesn't leave a good taste.

Points 48; Position 20
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

buksida wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:34 am
Big Boy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:31 am Do they not give a reason for rejection? There seems no logic in the fact humans could approve you in less than 1 minute.
No, and never use the word 'logic' when referring to anything in Thailand! :wink:
Was this your first time of using the 'new' system?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yes, but had spent years grappling with the previous one.

Would it be too much to ask to put a big notice on the web page stating: "If this is your first time using the new system, please report physically to immigration because it won't fucking work."

Clearly so...
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

buksida wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:52 am Yes, but had spent years grappling with the previous one.

Would it be too much to ask to put a big notice on the web page stating: "If this is your first time using the new system, please report physically to immigration because it won't ***** work."

Clearly so...
It does somewhere, I posted it a few weeks ago.................................................
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I will say, my last 3 times using the system (including the latest version) it has performed OK. I also had several other successes over the 7 years.

Unfortunately, this is a typical Thai Application. When it works, you think brilliant, and when it doesn't work, it is the most stubborn system in the world. To the people using the system successfully, they clearly get the impression the people using it without success are thick, stupid, etc., etc.

There was one occasion in the last 7 years that I tried unsuccessfully over 200 times, before getting in my car for the 5 minute drive to Immigration. I was determined not to be beaten (especially as so many were being successful), but beaten, I was.

I have come to the conclusion that success with the 90 day reporting should be immediately followed up with purchase of a lottery ticket while you're on a roll. Whether or not the system works for you is purely down to luck, and very little to do with the operator.

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

buksida wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:49 am It was just as well I wasted 2.5 hours driving for less than 1 minute spent in the Dansingkhon office yesterday, as this morning I was greeted with this email:
"Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected.

For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service.

Please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area. "
No way I'm risking a fine by going after the date, don't care what any website says, I've been fined for it before.

The only country that upgrades things to make them far more complicated and less efficient than they previously were. At least with the old system you knew instantly whether it was approved or rejected (mostly the latter), the new system leaves you in limbo for days ... Thailand 4.0 :banghead: :guns:
As I mentioned before, mine was approved within 30 minutes, so it may be more a case of hit and miss, rather than a blanket cr*p system - I may have been lucky!!
buksida

Post by buksida »

Hit and miss = a blanket crap system in the world of software!

Anyhoo, I think the problem was the first time usage of it. Either way, it is still a flawed system as most Thai tech tends to be.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Can somebody please detail the 'dummies' way through the new system -
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

PET wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:43 am Can somebody please detail the 'dummies' way through the new system -
The first thing you have to do is create an account using your email address then you receive an email with a password then use that to login to the system and complete the application form - it’s all very straightforward just have a go!!

I did mine using Edge although previously Google Chrome also worked ok.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:09 am
PET wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:43 am Can somebody please detail the 'dummies' way through the new system -
The first thing you have to do is create an account using your email address then you receive an email with a password then use that to login to the system and complete the application form - it’s all very straightforward just have a go!!

I did mine using Edge although previously Google Chrome also worked ok.
Thank you Danny I have now sent the request and await their email with the password. I used Chrome.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
bigston
Professional
Professional

Post by bigston »

Is anyone having difficulties with the 90 day reporting online in the last 2 days.
I access the immigration website / online services / 90 day/ pop up window then goto online application,
a new tab tries to open but times out.
(Tried both Edge and Firefox. Have unblocked pop ups and added immigration to allowed sites).
Thanks