Dates when no alcohol sold in Hua Hin

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
buksida

Re: Dates when no alcohol sold in Hua Hin

Post by buksida »

As always, a couple of naughty kids gets the whole class detention ...

690 curfew breakers spur booze ban threat
A sudden rise in the number of people breaking the curfew to drink alcohol between Sunday night and early Monday morning has prompted a warning that the government may have to reinstate the sales ban.

A total of 690 people defied the curfew, representing a 60% rise on the previous night when the alcohol sales ban was still in effect.

The ban was lifted in most provinces including Bangkok on Sunday, which marked the first of a 14-day trial period for resuming alcohol sales.

Of the 690 curfew violators, 129 were also involved in social drinking gatherings prohibited under the emergency decree, said the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) spokesman Taweesilp Visanuyothin,

The other types of misconduct associated with curfew violation were gambling and illicit drug use, he said.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... ban-threat
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Topspin
Banned
Banned

Post by Topspin »

Can anyone on here say that they were adversely affected by the booze ban? Personally I was able to buy beer and spirits from 3 local Mom N Pop stores as long as I had a non see thru bag. :cheers:
To all conspiracy theorists...“when you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras.” :naughty:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If you guys listen to the Daily Brief, you'll know 690 is a pretty good number and was exceeded many times while the ban was still on. I think the 60% rise must have been dreamt up by TAT.

What amazes me is police here are not proactive. That means 690 people drove up to a police checkpoint after 10pm and basically handed themselves in :? .
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

:lach: :lach:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Stores threatened with closure after stampede to buy booze

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -buy-booze

Stores that fail to enforce disease control measures will be closed, Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam warned on Tuesday after people crowded into shops to buy alcoholic drinks following the lifting of the ban in most provinces.

"Warnings will be issued first... We know it. All people have been told to take care of themselves. Department stores must be careful too, because it is dangerous to both customers and sales staff," he said.

If shops selling alcoholic beverages failed to properly control the behaviour of customers, they could be closed.

Provincial governors, as heads of provincial disease control committees, had the power to close specific shops right away, Mr Wissanu said.

Stores ordered closed would then have to seek approval from the government to reopen, because the decision could have a greater impact than provincial authorities expect, he said.

If the situation regarding alcohol sales escalated, all shops trading in it would be closed, Mr Wissanu said.

Some restaurants in Bangkok that failed to comply with disease control measures had already been closed after being allowed to reopen under strict conditions.

The ban on takeaway sales of alcoholic drinks was lifted in most provinces on Sunday. All stores were required to strictly observe disease control measures, including social distancing and limiting the number of customers allowed inside at one time.

Social media and mainstream news carried videos of people crowding into stores to stock up, fearing the government would make an about turn and again prohibit all sales. There were reports that in some stores staff restocking the sales floor were struggling to keep up with the demand for cartons of liquor and beer.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Tesco Lotus sets new procedure for alcoholic beverages sales amid Covid-19 risk

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387378

Tesco Lotus has reorganised sales of alcoholic beverages at every branch nationwide to lessen the risk of Covid-19 infection.

Beverage shelves at the stores have been reorganised after customers were found tugging to buy the drinks a few days ago.

There will be only one access and one exit for the beverage shelves alley.

Five customers are allowed to enter the alley at one time and they have to be at least one metre away from one another.

Tecos Lotus has also ordered over 2,000 branches to sanitise the shelves while customers have to clean their hands with alcohol sanitiser.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It would make more sense to expand the window for buying alcohol. 5 till 10 forces people into that window. If it was allowed to be bought throughout the day, distancing and control would be much easier. After all, these time restrictions was to do with schools. As there are no schools open, the reasons become null and void.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

But that’s logical, so it’ll never be adopted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

So alcohol shoppers will carry on being pushed through an egg timer!
buksida

Post by buksida »

The solution then would be not to use the billionaire family monopolies, and support your local mom and pop store that doesn't have any such mindless restrictions. :idea:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Re: Thailand Calendar

Post by pitsch »

I think, the alcohol ban is on July 5th and 6th. Is this true?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Thailand Calendar

Post by hhinner »

pitsch wrote:I think, the alcohol ban is on July 5th and 6th. Is this true?
Certainly the 4th (Asarnha Bucha) will be no alcohol, then whichever is really Buddhist Lent day (not clear from BP article).
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

In my calendar Asanha Bucha day is on July 5th
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

In these times, an alcohol ban because of a 'religious' day is pretty insignificant.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

pitsch wrote:In my calendar Asanha Bucha day is on July 5th
Mine too. That BP article (now in a different thread) isn't very helpful at all. Also 6th (in my calendar) is lent day so the alcohol-less days should be 5th and 6th.