The Digital Surgery (computer questions/problems here)

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
pharvey

Re: The Digital Surgery (computer questions/problems here)

Post by pharvey »

^ Tried to post link, but for some reason it's not coming up. Search Google for "Bluetooth FM Transmitter for Car"

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Thanks

And yes, 4 USB ports in total.

I guess I knew I will have to use the USB key, but is there a fast way to load up my music?

Another option is to buy some stuff I was planning on getting. One jazz album I want is £1.79 and when purchased is either saved to my computer, or in my library in Amazon, which is somethiing I haven't yet got. I can see I can then quickly and easily download that.

But what about all my already purchased stuff. All my ELP albums, Baez, Ochs etc. Do I have to play that on my music thingy and copy it to USB as it plays? Or is there a high speed way of doing that?

What size USB key will I need? How do I know what is on what USB stick? Will the cars music system allow me to jump past tracks I don't want to listen to?

It seemed so easy just sticking a CD in!
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

caller wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:17 am Thanks

And yes, 4 USB ports in total.

I guess I knew I will have to use the USB key, but is there a fast way to load up my music?

Another option is to buy some stuff I was planning on getting. One jazz album I want is £1.79 and when purchased is either saved to my computer, or in my library in Amazon, which is somethiing I haven't yet got. I can see I can then quickly and easily download that.

But what about all my already purchased stuff. All my ELP albums, Baez, Ochs etc. Do I have to play that on my music thingy and copy it to USB as it plays? Or is there a high speed way of doing that?

What size USB key will I need? How do I know what is on what USB stick? Will the cars music system allow me to jump past tracks I don't want to listen to?

It seemed so easy just sticking a CD in!
Assuming you have a laptop with a CD reader, you’ll be able to transfer individual cd’s onto a USB fairly quickly (should be less than a minute) and each track will be individually listed against the album and you’ll be able to skip from one track to another in the car.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

caller wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:17 am And yes, 4 USB ports in total.
A good start! :D
caller wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:17 am I guess I knew I will have to use the USB key, but is there a fast way to load up my music?

The best way (IMHO) to find and download music is through a Torrent such as Pirate Bay (there are many others which I'm sure other Forum members can suggest). You'll also need to download a "Torrent Downloader" such as VUZE (which I use and can highly recommend).

I'm sure you'll find some if not all of your current music (for free) using this system.

Depending on the system you have in your car, you should be able to see what music you are playing and select songs or albums easily.

Audio files are relatively small, so you won't need a large Memory Stick - obviously it depends on how much music you want to put on it! :wink:

Try and download a few files and check the size first.

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

USB memory sticks are as cheap as chips - you can get a 64 GB one for £6
64GB USB Memory Stick USB 2.0 Flash Drive Thumb Drive Pen Drive - Black https://amzn.eu/d/czdFWSG Which will be much more than you need but no point in going for anything smaller at that price.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:14 am USB memory sticks are as cheap as chips - you can get a 64 GB one for £6
64GB USB Memory Stick USB 2.0 Flash Drive Thumb Drive Pen Drive - Black https://amzn.eu/d/czdFWSG Which will be much more than you need but no point in going for anything smaller at that price.
Yep, fair point! :thumb:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Okay, thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.

I dont have a DVD/CD player in the laptop, but I have an external one that links to the laptop, although had problems the last time I tried to use it. I will see if I can get that up and running. Many other ideas there as well. Thanks again.
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Web page maintenance

Post by caller »

Right. I have a new car therefore I cannot use my trusty CD's.

So, everyone says, just use a smart key, download music to there, plug it into your car system and away you go.

So I joined spoitfy, paid 129 baht for a months premium trial access, with download available and I thought by months end I'll have a feast of music.

So why can't I download? I checked spotify settings and set it to download to my new 128g Lexar smart card. So all done on spotify, download happens in seconds, but nothing apprars on my smart key. I am obviously doing something wrong. Can someone tell me what?

Thanks.
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

As far as I’m aware, you can’t download music from Spotify - if you could, nobody would take out the monthly subscriptions!!
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Dannie Boy wrote:As far as I’m aware, you can’t download music from Spotify - if you could, nobody would take out the monthly subscriptions!!
You can download, but only to the device where you are using Spotify, and you must use the app to play it. Just download on your phone where you have Spotify and switch it to flight mode. Then you will see the downloaded music is available on your phone. This is what I'm doing when travelling (flying). Connect your phone to your car system by Bluetooth and listen to Spotify as much as you like including playing the downloaded songs too if you don't want to use network

YNWA

YNWA
buksida

Re: Web page maintenance

Post by buksida »

caller wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:23 pm So why can't I download? I checked spotify settings and set it to download to my new 128g Lexar smart card. So all done on spotify, download happens in seconds, but nothing apprars on my smart key. I am obviously doing something wrong. Can someone tell me what?
Spotify is a music streaming service. What you're after are MP3 downloads when you can own the files and put them on a USB stick which is something completely different. There are some suggestions on how to do it here (a little bit of effort but all free and no paying for subscriptions) - viewtopic.php?f=32&t=41115
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

OK, whilst I'm now in the UK, I'm sure the same can apply pretty much anywhere.

I've had many problems with my Broadband "dropping", speed mostly (literally down to zero) - my "Hub" was changed and things seemed to be better. I then discovered that several of the units in the house did not work (only did so on 2.4Ghz and my new Hub was 5.0Ghz). I have changed the setting to 2.4, but it seems not getting anywhere.... Any advice?

buksida

Post by buksida »

Most modern routers have both frequencies. I'd suggest deleting the old WiFi network connection settings on each device that won't connect and reconnecting with the new credentials. Failing that, call whoever you're paying for the service!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

huahin4ever wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:20 pm
Dannie Boy wrote:As far as I’m aware, you can’t download music from Spotify - if you could, nobody would take out the monthly subscriptions!!
You can download, but only to the device where you are using Spotify, and you must use the app to play it. Just download on your phone where you have Spotify and switch it to flight mode. Then you will see the downloaded music is available on your phone. This is what I'm doing when travelling (flying). Connect your phone to your car system by Bluetooth and listen to Spotify as much as you like including playing the downloaded songs too if you don't want to use network

YNWA
Yes, I have a Spotify subscription to do exactly that, you can download to your phone and play over Bluetooth, as you say it saves having to be online all the time.
I think Caller mentioned having a new HRV on another thread and our 8 year old one has Bluetooth to the entertainment system.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Thanks for all of the avove help. I have managed okay with MP3juiice so far, gort one album downloaded I hope. Will be tryingg it in the car shortly. Thats a download to my laptop and then on to the USB key. Fingers crossed!

Downloading from youtube seems much longer, or am I missing something?

Anyway, will report back later!

Mod edit: downloading music discussion moved to the downloading music thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=41115
Talk is cheap