Medical check-up package at Hua Hin hospital

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Medical check-up package at Hua Hin hospital

Post by HHTel »

You just turn up between 8 and 8:30. You can't actually book it. You are required to fast (nil by mouth) except water after 8pm the night before.
You are seen almost immediately, sent off for a urine sample then blood is taken and off you go for breakfast. In my experience that took up the first 20 mins. No really long waits but the centre is very comfortable. Free Wifi for those who can't do without!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The only thing I will say about it is it is probably the nicest/most comfortable medical facility in Hua Hin (I posted when it first opened). However, it is becoming very popular with both Thais and Farang. Basically, the more popular it gets the slower it will become - I'm a regular there for my 3 monthly check-ups, and only once to date has the wait been unacceptable, but I think that happens in most medical facilities from time to time - the really sick people have to take priority.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
buksida

Post by buksida »

So, to confirm, its the fifth floor of a new purple building opposite the original Hua Hin hospital (south of soi 10)? What soi (google map link appreciated)?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Points 51; Position 21
buksida

Post by buksida »

Got it - the purple building is actually behind the hospital, not opposite it!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, walk through the main building, turn right, then the purple building is immediately on your right. Walk past the x-ray department and turn left just before the road, There are lifts there. Press 5 (top floor).

Points 51; Position 21
buksida

Post by buksida »

Confused again - according to the satellite photo there is a purple building behind the hospital - so its not here?

hhhosp.jpg
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, walk through the main building, turn right and purple building is on your left. Walk almost to the road and turn left.

:oops: I know, I said purple building is on your right - just testing :oops:

Points 51; Position 21
buksida

Post by buksida »

So, the purple building is in fact behind the hospital as I guessed all along ... :duck:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Strange logic - hospital is made up of several buildings, but I guess yes :laugh:

Maybe back in your day, the hospital was a single building - it is massive these days.

Points 51; Position 21
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yeah, it was, I haven't been there for years. I have always considered the front of a building where the main entrance is, which is facing Petchkasem. So 'opposite' would be across the main road.

Anyway, back on topic - will post a report when we finally get up there for the 'full service'.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

buksida wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:49 am So, the purple building is in fact behind the hospital as I guessed all along ... :duck:
What you know as the 'hospital' is now the 'yellow building'. The purple building is behind that adjacent to the road to the side.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Did this yesterday so will post an update for others.

Two important things to know before you go. The new multi-storey car park is not open yet so parking anywhere near the hospital is virtually impossible. After at least 30 minutes messing about we finally left the car on Petchkasem Road before the turn in to the main building and walked. It was the closest we could get.

Secondly make sure you register or already have a hospital card before going to the clinic, they'll send you back down to main reception if you haven't. Another 30 minutes wasted.

The clinic itself is superb, very few people in there when we finally arrived, at about 09.30. English spoken widely, you get given a list of package options, the main test is 950 baht with a number of extras such as PSA, ECG, blood group test etc. I had the full monty. There is dual pricing on the express fee, 200 for Thais, 450 for farangs - still beats waiting down stairs for 4 hours though.

All tests were taken right there, urine, blood, heart, then off to the radiology dept for the xray. We were then told to return at 11am for the results so went for a coffee outside. There is a doctor consultation included as he goes over the results with you. Unsurprisingly my cholesterol was too high.

Total cost for the mrs was 1,400, mine was closer to 2,500 as I had more tests done. Superb service all done within 3 hours.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Secondly make sure you register or already have a hospital card before going to the clinic, they'll send you back down to main reception if you haven't. Another 30 minutes wasted.
It's a 'one-time' registration. If you've been to the hospital at any time in the past, then just give them your name and they'll find you on the computer.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:31 am The new multi-storey car park is not open yet so parking anywhere near the hospital is virtually impossible. After at least 30 minutes messing about we finally left the car on Petchkasem Road before the turn in to the main building and walked. It was the closest we could get.
It has actually been open for many months, but to doctors only. Never more than 2 floors occupied. There's a lot of chatter on Thai social media asking why.

Yes, that's where I always park and walk. Using the official public car park is quite an ordeal. The surface of the moon would be smoother.

Points 51; Position 21