Hua Hin dual-track rail project to go ahead

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Re: Hua Hin dual-track rail project to go ahead

Post by Ratsima »

Dannie Boy wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:56 pm Heading towards Cha Am and a km or 2 before you get to Thai Watsadu there’s a fairly major road on the left (1001) that heads to the main highway leading to Prachuab Kiri khan one way and Bangkok the other. They started building a flyover (up and over rather than the u shaped) before Covid struck, but it’s still nowhere near finished and looks almost abandoned. No idea what they plan for this crossing?
I cycle up 1001 frequently and have been amazed at the lackluster pace of the flyover construction. I think one thing that has slowed them is that this is a straight-on overpass rather than one of the u-turn style flyovers. As a result it affects quite a bit of ongoing traffic and required the construction of horribly built detours. (Cycling on these narrow rough "roads" is an uncomfortable nightmare.) I will be very grateful when, and if, it is finally finished.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

There’s a post about the new station which reminded me to post this.

Where I live, the road just outside our house crosses the railway and was subject to one of the new flyovers being constructed. I can’t remember exactly when it opened but must be about 2-3 months ago. Not sure when it happened (could have been some time ago), but somebody has cut out one of the new wire fence panels so that motorcycles and pedestrians can continue crossing as before. Because most train drivers assume the new flyovers are in existence, I doubt that they’re as vigilant as they used to be, so I’m sure it’s just a mat of time before there’s the first accident!!

It wouldn’t surprise me if this has been repeated at more crossings?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've also noticed the fence has been broached under the flyover at the Southern end of town. Whether its official or not, I don't know. I saw somebody struggling across with their motorcycle a couple of days ago.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20