Snooker

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Snooker

Post by HHTel »

At least when Judd Trump loses (maybe not), with his surname he can claim he was cheated!!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

The first two sessions have finished with Trump trailing by 5 games to 3.
Having watched it, Trump should have won the 4th frame which finished up with a respotted black after Sullivan won a couple of snookers to even the score. Then it would have been level 4 - 4 after 2 sessions.
Trump is an excellent player but occasionally IMO makes the wrong choice. It could still go either way.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

World Snooker Championship 2022: Ronnie O'Sullivan claims record-equalling seventh world title

https://www.bbc.com/sport/snooker/61294622

Ronnie O'Sullivan claimed his seventh World Championship title with an 18-13 win over Judd Trump to equal Stephen Hendry's record in the modern era.....
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Ronnie O'Sullivan beats Judd Trump in Champion of Champions

https://www.bbc.com/sport/snooker/63537446

Ronnie O'Sullivan beat defending champion Judd Trump 10-6 to claim his fourth Champion of Champions title.

The seven-time world champion led 6-1 before fellow Englishman Trump fought back to 7-6 - including a seventh maximum 147 break of his career.

However O'Sullivan, 46, pulled away again, taking the final three frames without reply and landing the £150,000 winner's prize.

"I was just pleased how I dug in at the end there," O'Sullivan said.

O'Sullivan had opened up his 6-1 lead thanks to breaks of 96, 103, 52 - twice - and 88, before Trump's 147 in the eighth frame.

The 33-year-old then made it 6-3 with a break of 96.

The evening session began with a 106 break from O'Sullivan before Trump took the next three frames, including another century break, to cut the deficit to one frame.

But O'Sullivan then checked Trump's progress with a 124 break in the 14th frame before sealing victory with breaks of 85 and 81.

"Even when I was 6-1 up I never once thought about the lead because I know what Judd is like, he can come out and do what he done, pull me back to 7-6," O'Sullivan told ITV4.

"I'm not as hungry as probably all the other players are, I'm just happy to be here, I like to compete. I just take every match as it comes, I enjoy being out here and it's like a holiday for me."

"I thought Ronnie scored very heavy the whole day so it puts you under pressure. Any time you get a chance you have to clear up in one visit and I didn't do that enough," Trump said.

And on his maximum break, he added: "It's always special to make them and even more special in a final against Ronnie. It's another thing ticked off the CV but obviously I'm disappointed to lose."

The Champion of Champions tournament sees 16 tournament winners across the season brought together and O'Sullivan won the inaugural event in 2013.

He won again the following year and then for a third time 2018.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Masters 2023: Mark Williams beats Jack Lisowski 6-0 to reach first Masters final for 20 years

https://www.bbc.com/sport/snooker/64275938

The final should be a good one! :D

"The Welshman will face Judd Trump or Stuart Bingham in Sunday's final.".......
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

PeteC wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:41 am Masters 2023: Mark Williams beats Jack Lisowski 6-0 to reach first Masters final for 20 years

The final should be a good one! :D

"The Welshman will face Judd Trump or Stuart Bingham in Sunday's final.".......
Williams is a great player who seems to have missed out a tad - a friend met him on tour years ago (as in 18 year olds) and took him to be a "superb bloke and future world champion". Well, we'll soon see :thumb:

[EDIT] My friend was playing Pool and certainly not on the same tour as Williams - just in the same venue!! :D
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Judd Trump it will be in the final.

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

PeteC wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:35 pm Judd Trump it will be in the final.

Lucky English B... Oh, OK, well done. :wink:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Anyone been watching? O Sullivan crashed out yesterday after being blitzed in the final session. But the big story is this Si Jiahui. 20 years old on his debut. Currently 3-1 up in the semis. His potting has been unreal.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Si 14-5 up in the semi final. An almost impeccable performance so far, quite something. 94% pot success!? The youngest world champion ever is Stephen Hendry, winning in 1990 at 21 years old. Are we going to see a new record?

The commentators are quite in awe of what we're seeing here.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lost wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:58 am Si 14-5 up in the semi final. An almost impeccable performance so far, quite something. 94% pot success!? The youngest world champion ever is Stephen Hendry, winning in 1990 at 21 years old. Are we going to see a new record?

Although quite a fight back by Brecel who now trails 14-10, so looks like it could go either way once play resumes today!!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:44 am
Lost wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:58 am Si 14-5 up in the semi final. An almost impeccable performance so far, quite something. 94% pot success!? The youngest world champion ever is Stephen Hendry, winning in 1990 at 21 years old. Are we going to see a new record?

Although quite a fight back by Brecel who now trails 14-10, so looks like it could go either way once play resumes today!!
Yup, I jinxed it. Si was running away with it. Cracking match though. Selby vs. Allen has been mighty entertaining too.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Brecel/Si just resumed now for anyone interested. On iplayer. One of the most entertaining matches of recent memory. Who will prevail?
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Hasn't one a game since I posted this. 11 in a row for Brecel. :shock:

Edit: fun fact, though we may not see the youngest ever finalist or winner, we might see the biggest comeback in crucible history here.