BBC iPlayer

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
pharvey

Re: BBC iPlayer

Post by pharvey »

PeteC wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:16 pm Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime and so many others operate worldwide. Yes, Netflix allowed the stupid "password sharing" for way too long. Regardless, these companies make money hand over foot. I would hope the BBC could figure it out.
Big Boy wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:08 pm Their fear is well founded, but by not allowing Expats the option of buying, they leave us all no option but to steal their content. Personally, I'd much rather be legal, but there is no option. Of course, some would continue to steal, but many would choose the legal option.
The BBC do make money hand over fist with the TV License Fee (now standing at GBP159/year) which brought in +/- GBP 3.8 Billion in 2021/22. They continually shoot themselves in the foot by paying egotistic tw@ts like Gary Lineker and the like obscene salaries.

I'll get off my soapbox now before I fall off.....
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If they let me buy an annual licence, Gary could have a well deserved pay rise :run:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:If they let me buy an annual licence, Gary could have a well deserved pay rise :run:
I actually have a UK TV license but it only covers the UK, not overseas!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk