Smoking ex-pats

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Smoking ex-pats

Post by lindosfan1 »

As an ex-smoker for 3 years. one day I just decided not to smoke cold turkey was easy. Now I still get the occasional urge for a cigarette but it passes quickly. I agree with the nonsmoking indoors, even when I smoked I disliked smoking in restaurants it annoyed me, I did miss a cigarette in a pub.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Smoking near people that are eating whether indoors or out is inexcusable. Just common manners.

I have to say that since I started using a 'vaper' for more than a month now, I've never had the urge for a cigarette. I've reduced the nicotine in the liquid to almost zero. I have noticed that both at home and in my local, people have commented on the 'nice smell'. That pretty much equates to an approval from non-smokers!!!! I wish I'd gone this route a long while ago as I'd tried several methods in the past, including 'cold turkey' but always went back to cigarettes even after several weeks.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Those hate speeches against smokers are non tolerance. If you are a non smoker stay away from smokers or stay at home. I say do you mind eating while I am smoking ????? 555......
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've been a smoker for decades and I would not want anyone smoking around me while I'm eating. It's nothing to do with whether you're a smoker or not.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Just a gentle reminder. Do not show the vaper too publicly. It is as far as I know illegal in Thailand, and some local law enforcement loves to catch people vaping!

I agree that cold turkey is the best way to go, but still enjoy the smell once in a while from a person smoking. What I do not miss is the smell from a person and their clothes just after smoking. This is sometimes a horrid smell.

Turkey on guys! You will not regret to quit, and just a reminder it is not the smoking which is addictive it is the nicotine, so if you HHTel have nearly reduced the vape content to 0 nicotine, you are on good progress to completely get rid of any addictive substance containing nicotin.
YNWA
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It is as far as I know illegal in Thailand,
Correct. However, it's used openly in many places. You are more likely to get caught at the airport.

The place where my daughter buys my refills from does not even hide the product. On open display, she tells me.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

According to what I've read, nicotine from vape liquid is delivered by heating the liquid. Nicotine from cigarettes is delivered by burning tobacco which according to reports is more harmful. Also:

Cigarettes contain more than 4,000 other chemicals and toxins, many of which are very harmful to our bodies including tar and carbon monoxide.

In summary, vape juice is still harmful, but to a much lesser extent than cigarettes. You can choose the level of nicotine from 0mg to 12 mg. I'm currently on 3mg. I'll try zero on my next refill.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

HHTel wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:33 pm
It is as far as I know illegal in Thailand,
Correct. However, it's used openly in many places. You are more likely to get caught at the airport.

The place where my daughter buys my refills from does not even hide the product. On open display, she tells me.
Bumping this.
I'm trying the vape route again. Was it you who mentioned to me that vape sticks and pods are on open sale? and was it somewhere near the old grand night market?
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Yes it's in the little market on the other side of the soi to Grand Market, (I believe it used to be a gym). Enter on the left side and the little shop is on the left, the last one in a row of shops.
I've been recently so still open. He doesn't seem to open until around 3pm so don't go early.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Muchas Gracias mon ami
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.