Cable tv - a small gripe

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
lomuamart

Cable tv - a small gripe

Post by lomuamart »

I've noticed on the movie channel since this Sunday that it is being interspersed with HH news for 5 mins at a time, in English. I've noticed it at 2pm and 7pm.
Now it's not a bad thing to get some local news in a lingo I can understand, but why do they stick to these times regardless of how long a movie has been going on for.
For instance, I was watching one of my favouite Arnie films a few minutes ago and 5 mins before then end, whallop on came the news. Then back to the final 5 mins of the film - you don't miss any action, only continuity.
Normal Thai stations are scheduled for news etc, much like everywhere else in the world, but as movies will last for varying lenghts of time, it's surley much easier to put the news on after the film's finished. It's not as if the news is updated. What was on at 2pm is exactly the same as later.
It had brief footage of the opening ceremony of the jazz today. Footage of this tourist train that's running from Bangkok to Bang Krut. Both subjects that have been discussed on the forum. So, good to see.
But the news is old and therefore not time sensitive. Why the disruption on a movie channel?
Gripe over. Does anyone else feel the same?
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Just before the news cut in did Arnie let you know if he'd BE BACK or not ?

Burger
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

No, he didn't and it wasn't that film either :cheers:
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I was watching the same film. When it dissapeared i threw my arms up in the air got showered and went out! Mai pen rai... :(
www.35mmview.com
buksida

Post by buksida »

The dialogue sounds like a six year old wrote it too, guess it all goes back to that wonderful concept of saving face and not bothering to get a native speaker to edit it. :roll:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I don't believe it. Did anyone speak to cable today. I'm sitting here on the computer and have just finished watching some dreary Kevin Kostner epic. As soon as it finshed, on came the news :thumb:
Maybe they read HHAD!!!
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

Buksi a 6 year old is year older than the Thai wife said, she also said it she couldnt understand a word the reader was saying it just didnt make sense,
even to a Thai, so what chance have we

its reminds me of the fast show news
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

It's worse now. You get those lengthy ads about exercise bikes etc. Gives you time for a shower, a beer down the road and then back to the movie!!!!
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Onlyme
Professional
Professional

Post by Onlyme »

We have "charlie cable" here in Cha-am.
A couple of years ago I was watching a James Bond movie, sign came on TV ( change disc ) needless to say, enter Darth Vader and the Jedi's!

I never complain about the cable as they've mislaid my checkbin for about 4 years. :D
¼Ã
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

richard wrote:It's worse now. You get those lengthy ads about exercise bikes etc. Gives you time for a shower, a beer down the road and then back to the movie!!!!
Yeah, spoke to them about that. They said they didn't have a licence to show movies (something to do with copyright, I should think), so were taking the movies from sattalite. They had no control over what was shown.
I see those ads have stopped now, but I can't make out if they're showing them themselves again. Same thing happened last year when the movies went off the air for a month. Again, they hadn't paid the licence fee.