AirAsia route Hua Hin to KL

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
PeteC

Re: AirAsia to fly KL to Hua Hin from May 18

Post by PeteC »

Guesses anyone? My best is that perhaps Air Asia is paid by TAT to bring new tourists in? A roundtrip out-in doesn't count as a new tourist.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I think it's due to most people won't check it and Air Asia can get away with it.

Upon leaving the US last month my original plan was to turn my rental car in to Orange County. Plans changed so wanted to drop off at Los Angeles instead, about 20 miles away. The rent a car company, Budget, said to change would cost me $250 (I had the car 3 months) so I turned it in to Orange county, got a 1 day rental, from Budget, for $40 to Los Angeles. I pointed out to any, and all, at the company and they all shrugged it off saying "That's what corporate wants".
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

All budget airlines are tricky, Air Asia as well Vietjet show a very low price, but if you want a window seat or 20kg. baggage allowance, the price jump is huge.
Governor
Professional
Professional

Air Asia reducing flights between Hua Hin and KL

Post by Governor »

After increasing their flights to Kuala Lumpur from Hua Hin to once a day, they’re now reducing the service to four flights a week.
I’d booked to travel on the Thursday service in December only to receive an email this morning saying my flight was cancelled and they’d rebooked me on the Friday flight, which was no good to me.
I’d hoped this might have been the start of increased flights from HHQ, but it seems not.
Big Boy

Re: Air Asia reducing flights between Hua Hin and KL

Post by Big Boy »

Do you know when the reduction starts please?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just looked on their website, and it seems 29 Oct is the first cancellation.

I'm happy to say, "I'm alright Jack." :D

Points 48; Position 20
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

One thing I did notice that my new flight had an earlier departure time from HHQ, I think my outward flight on the Friday was 13.30 and my new flight on Wednesday is 11.30.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Looks like the flights remaining on the reduced schedule now cost ~4.5 k bt one-way versus ~1.1 k bt currently. I wonder if this is a seasonal price increase ?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Flew in November last year and it was only a thousand baht each way so not only have they cut the scheduled but also hiked the prices. :guns:

Its now no longer viable so at these prices the entire route is likely to be cancelled soon.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Re: AirAsia route Hua Hin to KL

Post by Big Boy »

I checked my flight yesterday (not the new schedule), but still showing <800 Baht. Of course, Air Asia, being Air Asia by the time you add essentials such as air to breathe, the cost was about 1K.

I was specifically checking Thursdays, and there was one Thursday showing 4,376฿ on 10 Oct. However, I agree, there are significant price increases on the new schedule.

Points 48; Position 20
limbu

Post by limbu »

I was on yesterday's flight from Kuala Lumpur escaping the forest fire pollution. Bought my return ticket the day before for THB4,500 including 2 meals and premium seat selection but no checked in bags.
I've got another return ticket for October/November bought a few weeks ago for which I paid THB2,400 with 2 meals and premium seat selection but no luggage.
Flying midweek on Air Asia is certainly the cheapest option. I fly the route once a month and if I buy a ticket 2-3 weeks in advance I've rarely paid more than THB2,600 return without checked in bags.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Maybe there are database problems with the new schedule, or maybe the overall reduction in seats has naturally pushed the demand for the remaining seats higher i.e there are only so many cheap seats available on any flight.

Points 48; Position 20
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

Incredible, a one-way flight from Hua Hin to KL on Nov. 6th costs 7415 Baht. I wanted to go to Jakarta via KL, but now I booked with Thai Lion Air from Bangkok to Jakarta for 2125 Baht. Is this the famous Thai logic. If there are less customers you have to raise the prize to get the same money.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I was on the flight from KL today, and it must have been 90% full. Excellent service - no idea why certain days are being scrapped as high season approaches.

Points 48; Position 20
artyoz
Amateur
Amateur

Post by artyoz »

I'm just looking at next year's AA website calendar, and its saying a return to one flight per day after 29/3/20. Same flight schedule & prices as at present. I'm very surprised that they have cut their flight schedule for high season. My friends & I have used this flight regularly lately and in discussions we have had, all said the plane in & out of HH was around 85-90% full.