Grab Coming to Hua Hin

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Grab Coming to Hua Hin

Post by Dannie Boy »

The Forum taxi sponsor charge only 1800 each way to and from the airport. They confirm everything by email and send you a confirmation reminder the day before travel. I’ve only used them once, but based on their performance I will be using them again.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:52 pm The Forum taxi sponsor charge only 1800 each way to and from the airport.
We no longer have a taxi sponsor but there are plenty of options out there.

:offtopic: Grab
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:52 pm The Forum taxi sponsor charge only 1800 each way to and from the airport. They confirm everything by email and send you a confirmation reminder the day before travel. I’ve only used them once, but based on their performance I will be using them again.
Can you send me the tel # - if not permitted then by PM - many thanks
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My son was married recently, and we used these guys for all of our travelling guests - everybody was well satisfied. Nice cars, safe drivers. We have also used them a few times.

One of our guests had an accident on Koh Samui, and was airlifted to a Bangkok Hospital. After they'd patched him up, he returned to Hua Hin to convalesce. We phoned these guys from the hospital, and they had a special vehicle at the hospital suitable to transport the patient and us to Hua Hin within the hour - truly above and beyond (at a premium, but not stupid price of course - 2,800 Baht).

I can't recommend them highly enough. Yes, you can probably find cheaper, but may have to drop in quality.

https://taxiservicehuahin.com/
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

PET wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:52 pm The Forum taxi sponsor charge only 1800 each way to and from the airport. They confirm everything by email and send you a confirmation reminder the day before travel. I’ve only used them once, but based on their performance I will be using them again.
Can you send me the tel # - if not permitted then by PM - many thanks
Big Boy has already provided the link to this Company so give them a try, I’m sure you’ll be happy with their service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
We flew into Hua Hin today. Upon arrival I called a Grab taxi - price 220฿. A couple of minutes later, I received a message telling me that I was at Hua Hin Airport, and if Grab drives into the airport, the police are phoned by the resident taxi drivers, and the Grab driver gets arrested.

Cost of an airport taxi - 400฿.

Taxi Mafia 1 - 0 Big Boy :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Though Grab operates in 16 provinces and 19 cities in Thailand, paying for a ride from an unlicensed driver is still technically illegal, and some Grab drivers have faced fines by police. In every other Southeast Asian country Grab operates in, ride-sharing services are legal
Thailand is the last country in Asean where hailing a taxi from drivers without commercial licences via mobile apps is illegal, apart from Laos where no such service is available. Despite this legal impediment, Grab has thrived in Thailand but claims its illegal status has stymied its growth.
Just Thailand!!!
buksida

Post by buksida »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:23 pm A couple of minutes later, I received a message telling me that I was at Hua Hin Airport, and if Grab drives into the airport, the police are phoned by the resident taxi drivers, and the Grab driver gets arrested.
Rather than feed the mafia, I would have walked out to Petchkasem Rd and picked up the Grab taxi there.

Its a shame that these practices still keep this country in the dark ages compared to their neighbours, the entire Kingdom is one big monopoly.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Had the driver suggested that rather than a message about being arrested, I would have complied. Several times previously I have walked to a different pick up point, but talking about about arrests etc., I took the only other option available. 400฿ FFS = the flight from Malaysia was only 795฿ before extras.

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:30 pm400฿ FFS = the flight from Malaysia was only 795฿ before extras.
The taxi to the airport bus station costs me more than the bus to Swampy, the rail link into Bkk and then the cost of a taxi to where I stay, combined.

They need metered taxi's here.
Talk is cheap