Premier League 2018-2019

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Premier League 2018-2019

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:44 pm It's not a bad "Golden Handshake" he's getting either!! The BBC mentions £18 plus million (or that's what it'll cost MU), other sources claim Mourinho will take away £22 -23 million!! Un-bloody-believable! :cuss: :banghead: :cuss:

Must have been a well negotiated contract!
Mourinho knew exactly what he was doing. United throw money at problems. He became a problem so they'd throw some money at him. Watch United now go blow 500 million pounds on average players over the next 5 years... again.

:banghead:

It's Ed Woodward that's the big problem at that club. United fans seem a little blind though, tbf.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

And the hottest rumors states that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is the one to take over temporarily until they have a new permanent manager probably in the summer.
YNWA
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:06 pm Mourinho sacked

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46603018
Arsene Wenger gave a one word answer when asked to comment, "schadenfreude"
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is appointed as a temporary manager
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Eiahhh

Post by Eiahhh »

I thought for sure they were gonna go with Ryan Giggs.....
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Eiahhh wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:56 am I thought for sure they were gonna go with Ryan Giggs.....
That would have been funny! Giggsy is just slightly below shit on a shoe. Can't be classed as human that thing. It shares the 'shit on a shoe' accolade with John Terry.

Quite funny when you meet 'fans' of either player. Instantly you know they are a few bob short of a shilling. As sluggish as a sloth upstairs. An organelle short of a brain cell...

:D

Back to United. They're still looking for a long term replacement for Mourinho. Circling the Spurs boss it seems. Spurs fans, in turn, assisted Poch to the game last night.
Attachments
Sp.jpg
Sp.jpg (9.38 KiB) Viewed 244 times
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Lost wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:41 amBack to United. They're still looking for a long term replacement for Mourinho. Circling the Spurs boss it seems.
Maybe you could replace Poch(?) with Mourinho. Who else do you fancy - Wenger? He knows how to win a trophy or two. But I suspect you will go for Howe. Anyone else will be deemed too expensive.
Talk is cheap
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Mourinho had to go.....a decent first season then a gradual decline.
This season the football has been dire,never mind the results.
When you look at the top teams in the EPL they all play a decent,high tempo passing game but with United there is absolutely no cohesion.Its like a team of 10 outfield strangers.
Ole Gunnar Solksjaer is a playing legend at Old Trafford but not sure he is one to stamp his authority on this dressing room which is a difficult job.
Wish him well though......
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Mourinho could very well be unmarketable, especially to top flight teams. Everyone in the sporting world has seen what he is now like and what happens to the clubs he manages. Perhaps he should just retire. I'm sure he's rich enough. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m sure somebody, somewhere will give him another multi-million opportunity - if the likes of Steve McClaren can keep getting jobs then I’m sure Jose will have no trouble Pete.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Continue to write us off, they do.

"Spurs are punching above their weight", they say... for the 4th/5th year running. :wink:

City the team to beat, they sang.

I wouldn't write Spurs off just yet.

:cheers:
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Lost wrote:Continue to write us off, they do.

"Spurs are punching above their weight", they say... for the 4th/5th year running. :wink:

City the team to beat, they sang.

I wouldn't write Spurs off just yet.

:cheers:
I think the following link will put things into perspective for you;

https://sincespurslastwonatrophy.co.uk/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

One things for sure, Spurs played some very good football yesterday - I still think they’ll struggle to catch City or Liverpool this year, but they are definitely moving in the right direction.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Gonna be an interesting few weeks with some big games coming.

On yesterday's performance, I'm sure Southgate will be wondering whether to stick with Pickford. Most mistakes leading to goals of any keeper in prem.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Henry 14th wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:57 am I think the following link will put things into perspective for you;

https://sincespurslastwonatrophy.co.uk/
Nah, I'm afraid this doesn't work any more, it's as outdated as St Totteringham's Day. The question everyone is asking now is when the next trophy will be, not when the last one was. We've broken a lot of 'curses' in the last few years, and there's a growing feeling of optimism and belief surrounding Spurs.

Our biggest problem at the moment is hanging on to Pochettino. I'm hoping he will feel he has invested so much in the club that he'll want to see it through for a while yet.

Arsenal need to focus on regaining their 'top 4' status and stop wasting their efforts on trying to rile Spurs fans.
This is the way