Suggest Something

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Post Reply
User avatar
PeteC
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21438
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:58 am
Location: All Blacks training camp

Suggest Something

Post by PeteC » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:07 pm

We are going to be entering a slump.

1) The cave rescue events are over.
2) The Phuket boat tragedy is winding down.
3) The World Cup is ending.
4) There is a month more until the Premier League starts.
5) It's too early for forum Holiday Season traffic to start visiting and asking questions.
6) The chance of severe floods and associated excitement is not probable this year.
7) We are already or about to be aging pale skinned drunken house rats in a tropical country with little to do due to the monsoon.

What do you want to see? How about a most believable "Fake News" competition. :shock: :D

You decide, you suggest. It's your forum. :thumb: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source

dundrillin
Guru
Guru
Posts: 649
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:06 am
Location: huahin

Re: Suggest Something

Post by dundrillin » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:17 pm

How about Forum members who are on holiday in Europe and elsewhere sharing their experiences. I'm in Italy at the moment,beautiful country but I'll never complain about dining out in HuaHin again .its a we bit pricey in Rome , off to Venice tomorrow.

User avatar
PeteC
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21438
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:58 am
Location: All Blacks training camp

Re: Suggest Something

Post by PeteC » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:27 pm

Yes, for sure! :D Trip reports are always welcome. Just post to "On The Road". If no time to compose all at one time, just save on a draft email or other "word" type document (like a diary) and copy/paste to a post when you're finished. A week, two weeks, whenever you're done with it. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source

User avatar
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2056
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:34 pm
Location: Nakhon Pathom

Re: Suggest Something

Post by Vital Spark » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:55 pm

How about a Limerick thread. One person writes the first line (e.g. There was a young man from Hua Hin), another poster writes the next line, and so on. The person to write the final line (and it's shown in full) gets to write the starter for the next limerick. Once the next line has been written it has to go on to the next (if that makes sense...). If it doesn't rhyme it doesn't count. Lines 1,2 and 5 should rhyme, as should lines 3 & 4.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"

arcadianagain
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1487
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Suggest Something

Post by arcadianagain » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:41 pm

dundrillin wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:17 pm
How about Forum members who are on holiday in Europe and elsewhere sharing their experiences. I'm in Italy at the moment,beautiful country but I'll never complain about dining out in HuaHin again .its a we bit pricey in Rome , off to Venice tomorrow.
I was in Venice a few years ago and the only affordable place to eat was McDonalds, my Jack Russel loved the chicken nuggets

dundrillin
Guru
Guru
Posts: 649
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:06 am
Location: huahin

Re: Suggest Something

Post by dundrillin » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:46 am

Yes, in Venice you feast on the scenery

Homer
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2779
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: Suggest Something

Post by Homer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:52 am

Vital Spark wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:55 pm
Lines 1,2 and 5 should rhyme, as should lines 3 & 4.
Yes, but:

A limerick is more than just rhyme
There's meter, a matter of time
... and I can't be bothered to finish it.

Limericks are better heard with 3 stressed syllables in lines 1,2,5, and 2 stressed syllables in lines 3,4. Such as:

A limerick is more than just rhyme
There's meter, a matter of time

User avatar
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: Suggest Something

Post by 404cameljockey » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Vital Spark wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:55 pm
How about a Limerick thread. One person writes the first line (e.g. There was a young man from Hua Hin), another poster writes the next line, and so on. The person to write the final line (and it's shown in full) gets to write the starter for the next limerick. Once the next line has been written it has to go on to the next (if that makes sense...). If it doesn't rhyme it doesn't count. Lines 1,2 and 5 should rhyme, as should lines 3 & 4.

VS
Love it. Or haiku even. But after the first line you get 5 posts for the second. Then?... :D

User avatar
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: Suggest Something

Post by 404cameljockey » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:28 am

Homer wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:52 am
Vital Spark wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:55 pm
Lines 1,2 and 5 should rhyme, as should lines 3 & 4.
Yes, but:

A limerick is more than just rhyme
There's meter, a matter of time
... and I can't be bothered to finish it.

Limericks are better heard with 3 stressed syllables in lines 1,2,5, and 2 stressed syllables in lines 3,4. Such as:

A limerick is more than just rhyme
There's meter, a matter of time
A limerick's more than just rhyme
There's meter, a matter of time
But to make a rhyme scan
When there's more than one man
You need some good partners-in-crime!

(sorry, VS, I know you're not a man....)

Homer
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2779
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: Suggest Something

Post by Homer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:35 am

404cameljockey wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:28 am
[...
You need some good partners-in-crime!
Yes! I was hoping someone would finish it.
404cameljockey wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:42 pm
Love it. Or haiku even. But after the first line you get 5 posts for the second. Then?... :D
Just because you didn't mean it as a first line doesn't mean it's not...

But after the first time you get
neck deep in a pile of s*it

User avatar
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: Suggest Something

Post by 404cameljockey » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Umm

I cite Blue Collar Comedy Tour: "You know you're a redneck when ... you can rhyme 'get' with 'sh*t'" :D
:)

Anyway:

But after the first time you get
neck deep in a pile of s*it
just get yourself clean

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: migrant and 11 guests