Champions League Prediction League 2018-19

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

Re: Champions League Prediction League 2018-19

Post by PeteC »

Semi Finals Part #1

phpi6PvYjAM.jpg
phpi6PvYjAM.jpg (20.22 KiB) Viewed 352 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Oh. My. Lord!

Liverpool.

What an incredible game. Without 2 of their top strikers, they've battered Barcelona 4-0. Our BaaBaa will be having a blast tonight. Hope Spurs get through to the final but - with this Liverpool team - it will just be a runners up medal for us. Outstanding!
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yes indeed. One that won't be forgotten by anyone for a long, long time. :bow:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48179167
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Without doubt one of the best comebacks in recent times and no less than Liverpool deserved over the two legs - they played really well in the first leg but had nothing to show for it, making this 4-0 result even more memorable. I can’t see Man City slipping up against Brighton, so Liverpool will probably have to settle for a close second, but here’s hoping they can repeat last nights performance in the Final against Spurs or Ajax.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Oh. My. Lord!

Spurs.

:party: :party: :party:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

What a great week for English football - after Liverpool’s magnificent achievement on Tuesday, Spurs follow it up with a similar display against Ajax - mind you they left it a bit late!!

Although Liverpool will be the favourites to lift the trophy , both these results prove that anything is possible - as a neutral I just hope that the final is as exciting as these two games were.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Two incredible results, neither team was expected to get to the finals after the first games of the semi final. Going on form Liverpool should win the final, but it is a cup match. Good luck to both teams.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

When I came back to the UK 2 years ago and decided to live in the East Midlands, Ey oop me duck, the last thing I expected was to find a Spurs pub just round the corner. About 30 of us watched the match there this evening, and by half time, 0-3 down on aggregate, the banter was fairly low key, along the lines of "We've done pretty well to get as far as we have".

When we scored the winner in the 96th minute the whole place just erupted - mass hysteria - I even found myself snogging the ugliest barmaid I've ever seen.

Whatever happens in Spain, I'll never forget tonight. All the years of pain and suffering are, if not quite forgotten, fading into distant memory.
What a game!
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Too watch one remarkable comeback match was sensational, but to get to see two such matches within 24 hours, both involving English clubs is nothing short of miraculous. All involved at both clubs deserve full credit for providing football fans with such wonderful entertainment. It’s asking a bit much for the final to provide similar excitement but let’s hope it gets close!!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Final.jpg
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Kane is apparently hopeful to play a part in the final. This would be very unfair for Llorente who played magnificently yesterday (not forgetting his decider in the quarters). He probably got control of 90% of balls played up to him in the 2nd half then releasing a player. His presence up front changed the game for us so I hope he also gets to play a big part in the final.

Rooting for both Arsenal and Chelsea to get through tonight to make it a completely English club finale in Europe for the first time ever.

:cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Semi Finals Part #2

phpqLkO1KAM.jpg
phpqLkO1KAM.jpg (21.36 KiB) Viewed 244 times
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:00 am When I came back to the UK 2 years ago and decided to live in the East Midlands, Ey oop me duck, the last thing I expected was to find a Spurs pub just round the corner. About 30 of us watched the match there this evening, and by half time, 0-3 down on aggregate, the banter was fairly low key, along the lines of "We've done pretty well to get as far as we have".

When we scored the winner in the 96th minute the whole place just erupted - mass hysteria - I even found myself snogging the ugliest barmaid I've ever seen.

Whatever happens in Spain, I'll never forget tonight. All the years of pain and suffering are, if not quite forgotten, fading into distant memory.
What a game!
COYS what a great win. Where are you in the EM mate as I don't know any spurs pubs in Nottingham,
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Please Please Please. COYS
Please Please Please. COYS
Capture.JPG (42.43 KiB) Viewed 235 times
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

JimmyGreaves wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:53 pm COYS what a great win. Where are you in the EM mate as I don't know any spurs pubs in Nottingham,
Retford, geographically in Notts, but a spit and a shout from Derbyshire and Sth Yorkshire. :cheers:
This is the way