Some Bangkok Embassies to stop Certification of Income Letters

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Re: Some Bangkok Embassies to stop Certification of Income Letters

Post by Big Boy »

:duck: I didn't see that coming.

My timing was awful, loads of top brass floating around immigration this morning having their photo taken. Obviously an hour spent taking selfies is far more important than real work.

As soon as I mentioned Income letters, the guy didn't want to discuss anything - just said, "Go speak to your Embassy." I tried to tell him the Embassy was the cause, but I was seeking a solution, but he was back in selfie mode. He made me feel as if I'd just been scraped off the bottom of his shoe.

Very disappointing - this is my first negative reaction from Hua Hin Immigration in 7 years of dealing with them, but to put it nicely, this guy was a pompous arse.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

40k for marriage extension. Again, depends on Imm office. In the past I've used that, 'monthly' deposit, and not have to be consistent, just average 40k a month for the year. Other offices, 1 baht under, and they have a hissy fit.

I dealt with the hissy fit in Sept. Finally the Ahole relented and let the 100 baht difference slide. 2 hrs. later the $ increased and I was over the amount needed. It's all so stupid and frustrating. If I could afford to live at home I'd be on the next plane out of here.

The only consistency here is inconsistency.
Kray63
Novice
Novice

Post by Kray63 »

I was at Immigration yesterday , What a mess .... My Income Statement needed to be Translated and Certified by MOFA...I am still on Hold as need a copy Of The real Owners House Book not The Rental Lady ..LOL
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Call me chicken if you want. But I'm just going to keep 800k in a Thai bank and let it collect interest.

No muss, no fuss
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

[Stupid post I can't delete.
Last edited by m_right on Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

One funny, very Thai thing I spotted whilst at Immigration this morning was this:
20181218_112409.jpg
20181218_112409.jpg (124.53 KiB) Viewed 536 times
Basically, were you happy with the service here today? If not, let us know.

I wasn't happy, but had no intention of complaining. I took the photo because there was an e-mail address as the bottom. No way was I going to distract them from taking their selfies, but :idea: I thought take a photo, and ask my question by e-mail. When I got home and looked at the e-mail address, I realised the message said, "Were you happy with the service here today? If not, let us know at this non-existent e-mail address."

Points 48; Position 20
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

I suspect the first period should be an @ sign, as in Prachuap@immigration.co.th, after also replacing “go” with “co”. But I guess the “go” could also be “gov”. You might send out 3 emails to these 3 addresses and see if any of them work. You should get automated replies from the incorrect addresses bouncing.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

go.th is a valid address. Perhaps try putting an @ after immigration instead of a . I haven't tried it.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Prachuapimmigration3@gmail.com

Writing in English? Good luck with that. Gmail? Thailand 4.0?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've tried it, and sent it, but no automated response. If I don't get the confirmation I'm seeking, I'll just sort things when the problem occurs. I've started the monthly transfers today, and I've read quite a few things that lead me to believe it will work. If it won't, I'm sure I'll hear in plenty of time to transfer additional funds to my account. Nothing more I can do, just sit and wait now.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HaHa - just seen hhinner's message - I will send there as well.

Thank you.

Points 48; Position 20
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Went this afternoon to do my annual ext. (retirement).

Presented my Certified proof of income (UK Embassy) letter only to be told I had a shortfall of 345 baht over 12 months, so about 75 stang a day ( many thanks to the folks at Brexit!!!!) and yes I did check the rate this morning!!

Anyhoo, the nice lady at #2 ( I know some posters have a problem with her) kinda uhmmed and ahhed for a couple of minutes and suggested I get a bank statement to make up for the shortfall. I gave her my best puppy dog look and suggested it seemed a lot of hassle for such a measly sum. She seemed to give me the once over, nodded and said OK I will run it by the boss but if she double checks my figures you will have to go to the bank. Anyways, 5 mins later duly stamped up passport returned to me with 12 months validity.

Please note that I turned up in long trousers, collared shirt, clean shaven etc and presented myself in a polite manner, unlike the loudmouthed American gent before me dressed in his finest beachwear who wasted 25 minutes arguing that it was not his fault that he didn't know the rules concerning re-entry permits,suffice to say he left with his tail between his legs.

One regular poster might be dismayed at this blatant act of corruption as he sees everything in black and white but I for one today saw an act of common sense prevailing. Big thumbs up #2.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:22 pm I've tried it, and sent it, but no automated response. If I don't get the confirmation I'm seeking, I'll just sort things when the problem occurs. I've started the monthly transfers today, and I've read quite a few things that lead me to believe it will work. If it won't, I'm sure I'll hear in plenty of time to transfer additional funds to my account. Nothing more I can do, just sit and wait now.
That's the spirit......Why make it simple, when you can make it complicated..?
In earlier posts you say, that you at any given time have 200k to 600k in your Thai bank account.
Furthermore you have informed us, that you transfer from home twice a year.

You are qualified for a marriage visa.....how difficult can it be to time your transfers, so the required 400k is in your account 3 months prior to your extension? Too simple?

I have the feeling, you are enjoying the 'game'........Hence meaningless visits to immigration and belief in rumors on social media, which fits your understanding of what immigration requires. The truth is, after 450+ posts on this thread none of us are any wiser....
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:lach:

Points 48; Position 20
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

I don't understand :? Are you guys showing the Immigration that you have transferred Thb 65K monthly to your Thai bank and use the bank book as proof of income or is it the income affidavit from your embassies which not is accepted and the Immigration demand to see Thb 800K in the bank? Btw, anyone not from US, UK, AUS, DEN who recently have extended their retirement Visa with income affidavit in Hua Hin and got it approved?

Thank you
hahuahin :)