Is Pest Control A Waste Of Money?

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
PeteC

Re: Is Pest Control A Waste Of Money?

Post by PeteC »

I don't think that's smoke, but insecticide in blown form. They used to do that with DDT all the time in the old days and now I imagine it's the same process with a different chemical.

When I've smelled it it smells like bug killer, not smoke.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

The machine your referring to is a fogging machine and is generally used for mosquito control in Thailand and sounds like a pulse jet when they are running ( they actually use the same design technology) . Normally a Pyrethrin or Permethrin is the active agent used in the fogging solution. As a cheap substitute diesel is often used as the carrier for the pyrethrin to create the fog.

http://www.pestproducts.com/mosquito_fogging.htm
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

cheshiremusicman2 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:38 am Does anybody have knowledge of what use is the 'smoking' that pest control companies do. Does it kill mosquitoes or just drive them out of the area for a while, as whenever I see photos of areas that have problems with things like 'Dengue etc' they all appear to have photos of 'smoking applications' in them.
Good description at the following, but keep in mind TIT!

https://www.pulsfog.de/sources/_downloa ... ogging.pdf
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!