Are you looking for International education for age 3-7?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Thaiclan
Amateur
Amateur

Are you looking for International education for age 3-7?

Post by Thaiclan »

Moving on from the previous discussion of International Education; I have decided to set up a small home school group for ages 3-7. I am a British teacher and I currently home school my 4 year old. I will be setting up a small group from September, working from my home (I have a large house with garden). I am looking for a group of no more than 10 students (including my daughter). We will follow the British Key Stage 1 curriculum. I already have all the resources and curriculum schedule. If any one is interested in their child joining the group then please contact me.
The 1st term will be Sept - Dec.
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Can you please pm me with more details, Thaiclan? My little boy (Thai) will be 5 next week & speaks fluent English, but, as he goes to a Thai school, his recognition of the English alphabet etc is less than it is with Thai language.
I'm not sure what I want to do educationally with him, as I want him to retain his language & culture, but I recognise the importance of English to him, as well. I'd be interested to hear more about your programme.
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Thaiclan.
That sounds like a great idea, but have you checked with anyone whether you are allowed to do that here? With local and national officials being very 'aware' at the moment of farangs and their activities it might be worth your while to find out where they stand and what you need to do to be 'legal' if you haven't done so already. It may be that there is no restriction or paperwork on this sort of thing but I would doubt it. Even if you were not intending to earn money from this I would imagine you need to register with someone. Good luck with it anyway.
Thaiclan
Amateur
Amateur

Legal Homeschool

Post by Thaiclan »

Yes you are right - most things require a permit of some sort here in Thailand! I checked out homeschool in Pattaya when I lived there (and I'm sure Hua Hin will be the same??). The advice from the lawyer I received was that I had to set up a company (which I did) and then I was allowed to have no more than 10 students before I needed to apply for an education license. this was for kids under 8 years of age. It may be different for older ones.
So I am going ahead with it for the start of the "British" school year in September :D